Help with Sequence - Plot Plan/Home Design

AlpineGeoff

Hello;

OK, new user running Home Designer Pro 2023. Experienced builder with some AutoCAD experience back in the day. I've learned a lot through the forum and learning resources here; but I have the following question:

I am designing my own home; do I start with the plot plan and then draw the home in the plot plan, or design the home and somehow place it in the plot plan later? I know to never move the home, I read that part. Also, should I draw the contours on the plot plan before drawing the home (walk out basement), or draw home first?

Thanks in advance!

Geoff

I commonly draw the house and other structures and then add a "Terrain Plane". Then  shape the terrain plane to match my "property boundaries", add any set back lines or easement lines. You place all these different objects on different named layers so in "Display Options" you can then, at your choice and need, turn layers on or off for different printed, scaled views to graphicly communicate your project to the Permit office, your GC and his sub contractors. In Home Designer Pro You create a single layout file for each printed page to create your scaled, printed pages of your plan set.

DJP

31 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

In Home Designer Pro You create a single layout file for each printed page to create your scaled, printed pages of your plan set.

HD Pro 2023 now allows 5 Layout Pages per Layout.....

M.

32 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

I commonly draw the house and other structures and then add a "Terrain Plane".

Same here , it's easy to Rotate the Terrain to the house later , Chief assumes the front of the house is at the bottom of the screen, but that's not set in stone depending on the design.

M.