Pony Wall Doesn't Display

KristjanM

I have a pony wall - 10" conc with 2x6 on interior side and a framed wall above. Pony wall portion is 5' tall and the framed portion is 3' tall for a total height of 8'. I have the wall set to display both lower and upper walls. The wall displays correctly except at the window. The section shows the window is in the upper wall which is correct. Is there a way to have the lower wall display at the window openings?

Wall Plan View.jpg

Wall Section.jpg

Not with pony wall settings and a single plan view. There are multiple techniques to alter this in plan view. Some are more complicated than others and suitable for advanced users, like reference plans, or additional saved plan views / layersets overlaid in layout.

You could create an SVP that shows fdn. walls only, and adjust the pony wall settings to show the lower wall. You'd still need a cad mask to help 'white-out' the windows / doors.

The simplest is to manually adjust the view using cad tools.

5 minutes ago, KristjanM said:

Thanks for the reply. Too bad this can't be automatic. Made and used  a CAD block which went fairly quickly.

You may have done this, however I'd suggest naming it and adding it to your library so it's quick and easy to use again.

@KristjanM - am I missing something? Seems to work for me. I created a pony. Lower section is 10" concrete wall with a 2x6 wall on the interior. Upper wall is 2x6 and contains a window. I the attached screen clip...I opened the wall, in the "wall types" section I selected from "display in plan view"...lower wall.  The window is showing.  

This display is independent of using "saved plan views"...

2022-08-11_15-55-02.thumb.png.725f631c6e04cc41df893e42d120f613.png 2022-08-11_15-56-06.thumb.png.34c5524c85cd13509b1fcc2176572b9b.png