Explain why these two windows show as same item in schedule

GeneDavis

Go to solution Solved by rgardner,

I have this in a real plan I need to finish and even when stripped is too big to post here zipped.

But thankfully (??) it reproduces in a simple small test file.

A 6' x 6' fixed window is in one wall, and on an adjacent wall is one, also fixed, also 6' x 6'. but its top edge is set to match roof pitch above.  On the schedule, Chief generates them both as a square, not one square and one trap.

Bugaroo?

2022-07-21 17_04_41-Window.png

Window schedule problem.plan

• Solution
1 hour ago, GeneDavis said:

I have this in a real plan I need to finish and even when stripped is too big to post here zipped.

But thankfully (??) it reproduces in a simple small test file.

A 6' x 6' fixed window is in one wall, and on an adjacent wall is one, also fixed, also 6' x 6'. but its top edge is set to match roof pitch above.  On the schedule, Chief generates them both as a square, not one square and one trap.

Bugaroo?

2022-07-21 17_04_41-Window.png

Window schedule problem.plan 4.49 MB · 1 download

image.thumb.png.3ea878b57488b3f2514ff958cb292c06.png

Check out the schedule closely.  The size column (good or bad) goes with overall width and height.  Since you had no information reporting differently they go to the schedule as the same filtered information.

So here I am reading this and wonder, if I have a window that is a fixed rectangle 24" w x 48" h and another with a dogear arch top but same 24" w x 48" h, they will both report to schedule as the rectangle?

No they won't.  I just placed another window in the plan with an arch top, full round, and while it is overall 6' x 6' size, it reports separately with image.

Why won't the match roof traps do same?  I think it is a bug.  Not really a bug, but something that needs to be fixed.  What would you do as a workaround?

OOOPS!  I see, says the blind man!  Add a column for SHAPE and problem solved!  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

I think it is a bug.  Not really a bug, but something that needs to be fixed.

Its not a bug as it works how it is designed, but it is definitely something that users should be aware or possibly an adjustment needs to be made...