Line label font size changing when sent to layout

Elliot

I am having trouble with the font size changing in my line labels on a site plan when I send the site plan to the layout file.   Notice  the "GAS"  for gas piping and "S" for the sewer. Stuff like that.  They are nice and small the way I made them in the site plan and then greatly enlarged in the layout. It is only the line labels that are affected.  What can I do? 

LAYOUT FILE:

20220710_141449_edited.thumb.jpg.f7c051d1aba92e78300e70e59ffd63dd.jpg

ORIGINAL FILE:

20220710_141440_edited.thumb.jpg.bfe1fcabee0179245741e05160c4447e.jpg

You need to have line weights turned on in your plan view when you are setting those up or you are wasting your time as you can't print without line weights. Sorry I have done that myself unfortunately.

Chopsaw

Thanks for your quick response. I have all the utility lines set as default line weights when I choose them for the site plan. For instance for the electric I selected the "240v" line and on the site plan it shows 6 little "240v"  labels spread along the line.  but on the layout it just shows 2 of them and the font is way bigger. So I  played around with the line weights to try it. I changed it to line weight of 6 and also a line weight of 50 but it did not change the quantity of labels nor the font size on either the site plan nor on the layout. So still dont know what I am doing wrong. 

To expedite this project I just changed all those utility lines to dashed line with no labels and I added a text in the size font I wanted and then copied it all down the line at  the spacing I wanted. So I get this done because I had to submit this to the county  today like before 6pm. So that much is done and it looks great. 

But I still want to figure out what I am doing wrong.