Floor Plan Missing But 3D Shows It Is There

Evolution

Go to solution Solved by Evolution,

Having to completely redraw the plan after Civil Engineer finally providing plotting info. Long Story I won't go into.

While making changes in floor plan view, I selected a wall to open it, and the entire plan suddenly vanished, although when I open the Perspective 3D camera it is still there. I've done fill window, zoom undo zoom when I zoom out I see the camera icon.  I follow it and zoom in and out nothing.

I checked display options and everything is turned on.

What do I need to do to get it back.

I did a key word search for similar topics (since I know I've seen it on one of these forums) but nothing came up.

This has happened several times, and I can usually get it back with the fill window, or opening closing the program, but now this time. I can still get the 3D view to show up by pulling new cameras  or just opening a 3D perspective. I am deactivating and reactivating the license now to see if that helps!

Well, I thought I was about to get it back. I reactivated the program, went to open the last plan file I had been working on, the message came up that a auto save newer file was available, so I said yes, the screen opened up with the file name on it, no plan. The 3d is there but that's all.

If nothing is displaying in 2D, but you have things in 3D then the 2D is still there. The question is why is nothing displaying. Possibilities:

1) Layers are turned off in 2D.

2) Something large and the same color as the background is being drawn in front of everything else. Doing a click to select the item, assuming it isn't on a locked layer, should be all you would need to do. Select all could be used as well, but you don't want to hit delete at that point as it would likely delete a lot more than you want.

3) You are positioned way far away from the middle of your plan or you are zoomed way in. Fill screen should fix this, you might have to hit it several times before you get back to a reasonable scale. Another way to check is to do a select all, if you see a single selection handle then zoom in on that location.

4) 2D drawing is not working at all. This might happen if your system has somehow run out of GDI resources, but you should be experiencing many other problems at that point. It might also happen if you are running low on system memory. In either case a reboot of your system could help.

It might be something else, but I can't think of anything at the moment.

If you have a plan that reproduces the problem send it into our support team so that we can look into possible solutions.