Rectangular Polylines not snapping closed automatically

ScottElsley

Good afternoon everyone.

Firstly I am still using Chief X2, and for the last 3 days rectangular polylines that were drawn automatically snapped closed are now just for lines, and I can't close it off and create blocks. Can anyone help? I appreciate your time.  Many thanks

Scott

Hi Solver,

I am finding previously drawn rectangular or square (or any other shape for that matter) that were connected polylines , ie using the Rectangular Polyline Tool, or new ones using the same tool are now separate lines. The will not snap at the corners and the only way to close them is to make then into a CAD block which means I cannot add textures.

"Connect Cad Segments" was new in X8.   I think you are probably looking for a tool called  "Edit Object Parts" that you likely turned on accidentally so it would look something like this image.png.59ecd585bf849781882e3ddfccd03ca5.png or at least it did in X6 and it was also a setting in Preferences>Cad>Options>Edit Object Parts and that is linked to the same option if it is on your tool bar.  Potentially the same in X2

• Like 1