Landing Rails Falling Too...

Kbird1

Just like the other day here :https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/3422-railings-2nd-floor-railings-are-on-first-floor-help/

Thought we had found the answer "uncheck follow stairs" on horizontal floors/landings

but I guess there is something else that can cause this fault too , I offered to look at another Users plan but ended up duplicating it simply, as a test to eliminate weird errors in the original plan, but got the same issue,so I will attach it  for you guys to look at , probably missing another check box ? Landing setting?

the stair Straight rails follow the stair fine, the landing rails fall to the ground without the "follow staircase" box , if its checked they join the staircase rail and shot up on the same angle.....

thanks for your time...

Mick

Forum wont attach the plan so i'll post it separately sorry.....

note to self ...close the Plan 1st, then attach :)

You have to check "follow stairs" to get the railing to sit on top of the landing otherwise it sits on the floor.

If you are having a problem with rails joining, you can put each section on a different layer and then they won't join.

I still had problems even after that and gave up pretty quick.  Maybe someone else with more patience can make it work.

I tried it both ways , if checked it joins the sloped rail and shoot off at the same angle , unchecked it falls to the ground ,  so I guess the railing isn't joining properly for some reason? 

20+ views , 5 download and no answers except your Arthur ,doesn't bode well :)  but thank you. 

M.

Do you mean your staircase on the Right ?  ( mine on left?)   the default staircase railings will work ...note no bottom rail , but the Railing wall , at least with the glass panel from the library won't on the landings , works fine on the stairs..... ,still not sure if its a connection issue or a bug.....but works on neither landing.

Mick.

played a bit more and a single fllght works fine and I can get a one rail to behave occasionally after breaking the rail at the edge of the landing with the break wall tool but I have never had to do that before that I remember. I have found the occasional auto generated Room Divider Wall in the stairwell too, which just seems strange...

post-315-0-54482400-1421378566_thumb.jpg

latest plan

Landing-Stair Issue_orig.plan

beginning to think I have a gremlin , plan posted fine with the plan still open this time....

Mick,  the railing at the stairs must be different than the one on landing,  cannot be continuous,  you also must OPEN RAILING DBX<RAIL STYLE and then check FOLLOW STAIRS.  It should work.

I wish to goodness CA would fix the railing dbx.  After 9 years and still have to thumb through all the tabs to find out what I want.

Don't you guys just hate the,  RAIL STYLE,  NEWELS/BALUSTERS,  RAILS should all be under one tab....

Mick,  the railing at the stairs must be different than the one on landing,  cannot be continuous,  you also must OPEN RAILING DBX<RAIL STYLE and then check FOLLOW STAIRS.  It should work.

I wish to goodness CA would fix the railing dbx.  After 9 years and still have to thumb through all the tabs to find out what I want.

Don't you guys just hate the,  RAIL STYLE,  NEWELS/BALUSTERS,  RAILS should all be under one tab....

Totally agree on the One Tab for all railing info........ +1

I was not aware the Railing must be different on the Landings ......That I would call a Bug :(   and explains why I can get it to work occasionally using the wall break tool but how often do you see that in real life ?  I rarely if ever have a straight flight,as space is always tight.    I will give it a go , but do you mean totally different or, is say making Landing Rail all 2 1/8 square rather than 2" enough for the Prog. to "think" it is different?

Thanks Scott

..... I will give it a go , but do you mean totally different or, is say making Landing Rail all 2 1/8 square rather than 2" enough for the Prog. to "think" it is different.....

Yes,  I think that is what I am saying......  or just put a break in the railing,  maybe the stair rail and the landing rail will remain unconnected without having to change the width of rail by a minimal amount which is what you are alluding to.

I probably wasn't very clear in my earlier post.  You just need to have a break between your landing railing and your stair railing.  The problem is anytime you touch either railing, the break will auto heal.  To prevent this from happening, just put your two railings on different layers.

Okay thanks for clearing that up Arthur , the Auto healing in X6 is REALLY aggressive compared to older versions I have , which seemed to "play nice" when I tried it later last night.

guess I need to figure out the right drawing Order so I don't need to touch anything again once done.....

Thanks guys...

M.