Cabinet Color not showing correctly

SMB2021

We're having an issue with a specific base cabinet not showing the correct color/texture. I was able to use the texture in a different file on another piece of cabinetry and we're able to use the texture to paint other materials in the file that the problem cabinet is in but this one specific cabinet is not rendering properly. The dbx says it's the 'Dark Wood' texture but it's not showing as that texture in the rendering. Anyone have a solution for this?

Attached pictures to show texture that's chosen vs how it's rendered.

Bathroom Vanity Cabinet_Materials.PNG

Bathroom Vanity Cabinet.PNG

Someone may have turned off the Blend with Texture Box on the Texture tab of the material , so you are only seeing the base material in 3D , without the blended dark pattern color...

Mick

I figured out the issue. The designer for the project is newer to CA and had copied and mirrored the vanity so it could be double bowl vanity. So technically there was 2 cabinets in the same place. It was changing the one object's materials but not the other. The other is what is seen in the rendering but when selecting the cabinet from plan view to open the dbx it opens the one with the correct material textures.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefUserRyan25
    Newest Member
    ChiefUserRyan25

• By TonytheArcht
      I've searched over all materials in the library and in bonus libraries unable to find a wall material that alternates between skinny and wide planks. The closest material I can find is the "Board and Batten" siding which has fixed skinny battens and wide boards. I know about sizing the image but what I'd really like to find is a material that I can control for both plank sizes--say, 4" & 8", or 3" & 6", or 2" & 7", etc. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks, Tony.

Chief Premiere X13, Dell computer, 64-bit OS, 11th Gen, Core i9, Windows Pro 11.
    • By ChelseaHHomes
      Hi, I'm a new Chief Architect user. I'm still in training and can't figure out this issue. My pattern texture isn't showing up in my Elevation Views. Something must be toggled off because this is affecting all of my materials not just the siding, I just don't know what it could be. The siding has the preset "Hatch" pattern Chief Architect has already, I attached a screen shot of the  Define Material dialog box too. Thanks in advance!

• By Nate_M
      Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has experience modeling custom cabinet doors. We work exclusively with custom cabinetry and often find ourselves needing to represent a one off door style. I haven't found a comprehensive tutorial on how to model a custom cabinet door style and use it within the Chief Architect cabinetry tools. I would appreciate if anyone here could point me in the right direction to accomplish this.

Thank you!
    • By dbritti
      I just downloaded Wayfair's catalog of furniture but I found that when I apply a different fabric texture from the CA library it looks terrible.  It's as if the scaling is WAY out of line. Anyone else have this problem? I really want to use their furniture objects because the CA library is outdated, but they don't behave well.

Denise Britti
      CA X11
      MacBook Pro 
    • By MN_JohnH
      I am wondering if there is a simple way of aligning the custom tile in a custom backplash? In the attached drawing I have created two custom tiles for this hypothetical shower. The big tile is 24x24 and I would like to have it go 5' up on the wall and then have a 12" deco strip of 2x2 tile and then more of the larger tile above that to the ceiling. Problem is I want a full tile on the top of the 5' high lower part, (the half cut would be on the bottom), and then start with a full tile on top of the deco strip. And my deco strip is 2x2 tile, I made it as a 12x12 square of 2x2 tile and yet it doesn't line up as full tile on the top and bottom edges...
      Tile alignment.plan