X14 Auto Exterior Dimensions?

HamlinBC

In X13, when I pushed CTRL+A for auto exterior dimensions, it would dimension all 4 sides of the building. 

For some reason, in X14, I cannot figure out the settings to make it do all 4 sides, and it will only do the bottom and the right side. The only way I can get it to dimension all 4 sides is if I have it locate an interior surface or wall center.. I don't want to have to do that. I generally start my new home drawings by drawing the rough shape of the house and doing an auto dimension and then adjusting the dimension to something close to what I want. The image on the left is X13, and the image on the right is X14. Anyone have any idea what default setting I need to have checked so I can get all 4 sides of the building to auto dimension, without locating the inner surfaces? I essentailly want exactly what the X13 attachment shows. These buildings are just a general shape to show as an example.

180705597_X13AutoDimensions.thumb.PNG.26a49dda8233cbf92b2d6b0dd7fe2166.PNG1245145337_X14AutoDims.thumb.PNG.1b509d9766b469da8a12f75ec2117187.PNG

It's a custom template that we've set up. We haven't used an OOTB cheif template in many years. I will look into the OOTB templates and compare default settings. The DBX's are different in X13 and X14 for auto dimensions, so I'm guessing something we had set up did not transfer well between versions.

Thanks for the lead!

24 minutes ago, HamlinBC said:

haven't used an OOTB cheif template in many years

Neither have I but they are a good place to check things. I rebuild templates almost every version though. I get templates from clients that are IMO ancient and create problems so we rebuild them (and usually fix )

21 minutes ago, robdyck said:

If you post your plan, I'll take a look and see what I can figure out. That does sound odd.

Someone here figured it out I guess. We have no idea what happened but we just kept clicking options and eventually it worked.

Thanks!!!!