Line Weights At Differing Printed Scale

4hotshoez

This is a bit frustrating. As I develop interior elevations at 1/2" = 1' and cross-sections at 1/4" = 1' the line weights grow with the scale printed.

How do others deal with this?

It would be better if we did not need to deal with this and the line weight would remain consistent as if it were plotted with a pen plotter, where each pen is given an assigned weight and a line is assigned to a pen. Then a pen weight scheme could be developed and the hole scheme could be scaled up or down as needed.

Yes, I come from Autocad, but many other cad programs make this work. Or better yet, lets abandon pen weights all together and use the Sketchup method where the outline and edge of an object is automatically given more weight by the camera view and can be toggled on/off along with other global settings.

This is a bit frustrating. As I develop interior elevations at 1/2" = 1' and cross-sections at 1/4" = 1' the line weights grow with the scale printed.

How do others deal with this?

Well....  you have to know what you are talking about.....  and I wish I knew what I was talking about half the time......  bottom line......  I think you really really have to understand what you are doing.  This might be part of the answer......

....  select the plan you are going to send to layout.....  so.....  FILE<SEND TO LAYOUT......  check out the "scaling<USE LAYOUT LINE SCALING" box in the "SEND TO LAYOUT" dvx.........  do you check this box or not?  Test it out.....  I did not check it back in the day...  I now check it...........  you have to decide whether you want to use this option or not.....  I will say again that you really have to understand what this is all about........  I think it is dependent on .....  let's just say that you must know what you are talking about.....  I have been meaning to do a vid on this subject.....  what I am saying is depending on certain settings in the print dbx box,  checking the USE LAYOUT SCALING sometimes makes a difference and sometimes not.

I am getting too involved with this,  bottom line,  check this option out,  it may help and it may not depending on what you want to do.