anyone tried this for siite measurements?

SHCanada2

https://goiguide.com/floorplans

$2k CAD for the camera. looks like $40 to $65 for the floor plan..

I had one of these given to me for a floor plan and it didnt match the survey, but not sure if it was user error or not. My realtor buddy has someone that does a boxy bungalow for $125 and a two storey + basement for $225 using this system. So must be relatively fast to do the measurements and I assume everything else is done for the person after they upload it. He sent me a sample and it looks pretty good although I noticed an outside wall error

image.thumb.png.1e4dd32c349e6cf9309d97d93b9e62bf.png

2 hours ago, jasonn1234 said:

I had one of these given to me for a floor plan and it didn't match the survey, but not sure if it was user error or not.

I think I would be biased towards the surveyor being more likely to be correct however they occasionally make mistakes as well.  If you really want to know if it works go and measure it yourself and then you will know if it meets your standards and can be relied on.

Then you can let us know how it works. :)

It looks like they are claiming to have a higher degree of accuracy than a Matterport camera system.

at $2k for the device, I don't think I will be trying it out anytime soon without some assurances. I think the general problem with any of these interior only devices is what happens when the measurements dont jive from upstairs to the basement. In the sample he gave me, you can see what they do. They ensure the outside overall measurements are identical and then they squeeze the inside. In this case below, by doing so, they not only misaligned the bump out, but they are two different sizes. If I do measurements by hand and they are out, I will assume the difference is in the wall thickness, especially for basements. But my guess is the person "specifies" the wall thickness and the program adds it in, and then when the top floor does not match the bottom floor, they squeeze it somewhere.

image.thumb.png.39a93d697eee2b7b56af2e9932a078d3.png

image.thumb.png.546829bfb2fda63343de35d6878ec1c6.png