Create tall cabinet to go under stairs - how do I change height on one side?

Helene

Joey's suggestion is the most direct- just a bunch of polyline solids. The alternatives are making custom door(s) which can be a bit daunting. There are some shortcuts to just building it and I just found one for making doors.

Plan attached with assorted parts (sorry I don't do videos) Open things and play which is how I like to learn YMMV :)

Easiest shortcut for look not for real cabinet  -start with a wall cabinet with an angled front as on it's back near right hand stair, set angle to match stairs, convert to symbol fixture interior which you rotate while converting.

Place that in plan under the stairs, adjust in elevation,

image.thumb.png.8dd086da8dda2c379863941e5bc2c6d2.png

To make the DOOR you then TR copy (transform replicate/copy) say 50"; elevation change to all layers off and turn on fixtures-shoot a detail from view. Restore layers

You can now go to the detail from view and do some cad manipulation- copy paste back into elevation and convert to polylines-futz a bit more. If you need wood grain doors this gets to be far more complicated.

An alternative for the door is shown on the  floor to the left. The advantage here is if you need wood grain-see the cherry cabinet on the floor to get an idea. The disadvantage here is working out the math for the door to be absolutely correct (which I did not do) I think the easiest way to get the correct math would be with a detail from view (and some more futz) Convert to symbol. I show a cabinet using a door made that way but had to alter the width for the angle to be correct.

Aside from floating a panel in for the blank side (EZ) You could use a custom panel for the side that is set with a locked height, or mess with manipulating the sides and back of the cabinet. I've attached a library with one done that way-still needs work but you can get the gist. The advantage here is you can quickly alter cabinet box proper for different conditions which makes the effort of (fixing this one) worthwhile as well as educational :) You would still need a specific door for various conditons-width and angle.

Under stair cab.zip Alternate cabinet.calibz