RAILING WALL AND POSTS

winterdd

When using a railing wall and utilizing it's properties to produce the posts and beams, why won't CA dimension to each post? If manually dimensioning them it doesn't snap to anything for proper dims. Just another thing I got used to doing but obviously I need to improve this.

image.thumb.png.4f4d870a108518e120c41f1706599086.png

• winterdd changed the title to RAILING WALL AND POSTS
6 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

yep.....is that running dims?

Yes but that does not really matter.  If your railing is symmetrical just go ahead and break it at the posts and reverse every other section and dimension away....     Use the dimensions to place the posts exactly where you want them.

Just now, Chopsaw said:

Yes but that does not really matter.  If your railing is symmetrical just go ahead and break it at the posts and reverse every other section and dimension away....     Use the dimensions to place the posts exactly where you want them.

Cool, it is sometimes easier to just draw the beams manually and add the columns from the library as well. But I am going to try your method too.

2 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Cool, it is sometimes easier to just draw the beams manually and add the columns from the library as well.

Only if you find something that chief just can't handle automatically but that should result in a Feature Request as well.

I generally place all my posts and beams manually. This way, I can set them exactly how I want them as well as making everything dimension the way I want to. Really doesn't take long. I also put them on their own layers.