Laying tile

EminentID

Hello every kind soul on here! 

I am having a hard time figuring out how to lay custom tile. 

Example A: I have a 12 x 24 Bathroom floor tile that I need to be 3/4" offset. 

Example B: I have a 1" penny round tile for a shower floor. I can see the penny rounds but I also can sew the 12x 12 grid. 

Photo below. 

The chief training videos provided are wonderful but I am finding that they do not answer most of the questions that I have. 

If any one is willing to do some one on one training with me that would be great or if any one has some advice for me. 

Thank you! 

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 11.27.19 AM.png

I'm not very good at this - after you define your shower - go to room defaults - structure - edit floor finish to what your sub base will be (thinset ,etc ) + thickness (like 1" thinset).

Now you can use the polyslab set to the thickness of your tile 1/4", 3/8" or what ever - change the material to what your main tile is - set the bottom of the slab to what the thickness

of your substrate (1") so the top of the slab will be 1 1/4" to the top if you use 1/4" tile - adjust to the perimeter minus your 3/4" - now do the same thing for the perimeter and use the penny tiles - draw 4 rectangles for the perimeter - confused?

• Downvote 1