Showing alternate interior layouts for the same floor.

RichardIdels

one of the main reasons I bought this program is to first draw a layer of the existing interior walls and a layer or many layers of design options for renovation on that same floor.  all the while being able to see together how the renovations are different from the existing.  Of course I can use the referance layer but I don't see a way to do alternate layouts of the same floor?  HELP!!

One way of doing this is by drawing the existing floor plan and then doing a "save as" on the plan.  You can then use the reference display to display the existing plan below the proposed plan.

Another way of doing this is to create a cad detail of the existing plan view and then convert it into a cad block that you can display before the proposed changes.

We also have a number of remodeling training videos that you might want to take a look at:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/playlists/120/remodeling.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Unless the client is totally tuned, spatially, and can imagine each of the options in 3D, why do this in 2D floor plan?  

I think your need is best served by 3D, and so take the time to show the client how to use the 3D viewer and walk through the spaces.  Two plan files, A and B, and each in the Chief 3D Viewer Cloud.  If you have already done a B after an A, you are just a few clicks away.