Handels

Adesignpro

I have tried just about everything to make a winder staircase. In my attached image, the landing function won't make this for me or I just don't see how to do it unless I can add a handle to a landing section. Not sure why this can't be another type of landing piece added to the stair tool palette. Tutorials mention a break tool that I don't find and it isn't "wall break". Please advise. Thanks.

Stair Winder Handels.jpg

30 degree winders can be fairly simple... once you know how! You will nee walls on both sides of the stairs and you will need some CAD reference objects to help with snapping along with some CAD reference lines that layout the accurate start and stop lines of the upper and lower sets. Once these are in place, begin by drawing and placing the upper and lower sets. Then, draw the middle sat at a 45 degree angle, ensure it is fully within the inner and outer walls, then change it to a curved set use the 'Change to Line / Arc' tool. Check 'winders' on the middle set and fiddle around with the snapping.

It will take math, some accuracy and a lot of practice!