Missing Library Content

Design20

I was working on a project when my PC went down suddenly without warning. When I returned and opened my project back up, Chief prompted me to open an autosaved file which I did. Chief then gave me an error message (screenshot attached). I clicked OK, but when I went to my library browser, nothing was there. No dropdown arrows, no search results returned, nothing. All my library data are still stored in the same place, it's like Chief doesn't know how to find them. 

• I tried repairing the program and rebooting, no dice. 
  • I tried updating the core catalogs.  It seemed to work, but when I closed that session and opened a new one, I went back to square one with the error message and empty library folders.
  • I tried importing my user catalog, and it did show up, but everything in it was duplicated, and it wouldn't let me delete the duplicates.  And it was gone when I opened a new session.  
  • I tried importing a random manufacturer catalog, and it seemed to work as well, but didn't stick around in a new session.

Hopefully I'm missing something simple; does anybody know how I can recover my library content?

Screenshot 2021-12-09 095346.png

So I figured this out myself for lack of outside help.  It had something to do with the fact that I use OneDrive to back up my Chief Data folders, and when the shutdown occured, my User Catalog and Trash folder got corrupted somehow.  I uninstalled Chief, then I moved my User Catalog and Trash folder out of their home.  Then I reinstalled Chief; the Trash folder was healed and I reimported my User Catalog, though I lost some of my custom content.  I'm not totally sure why this worked, but it did, in case anyone has the same problem.