Control door numbering

gbattaglia

16 minutes ago, gbattaglia said:

I have a project that has gone out for bidding and I need to change one door.  When I try to change the door, the other doors randomly renumber.  How do I prevent the door numbers from changing on the existing doors / door schedule?

x12 version

You can manually renumber it back to how you had it before.  Two methods:

1.) On the schedule view you can select that door and you will see a small radio button show on the label column.  Grab that and slide it to the right location

2.) On the Plan view when you select a door you will have an Up and Down arrow show up in your edit toolbar.  You can then move each door to the proper numbering. 

I personally renumber everything in a clockwise direction around starting at basement level and going up so that each floor is grouped together as well yet uses one schedule.

17 minutes ago, gbattaglia said:

Thank you, I was hoping there was a setting to prevent the doors from automatically renumbering. Sounds like the only way around this in a future project is to custom label each door.

It goes in order of placement in the plan so it renumbers it.  It literally can be renumbered in 30 seconds so is not very hard or time consuming to do.

Looks like I will. Like I said, I was checking to see if there was a setting to prevent schedules from renumbering. It’s a commercial project with a lot of doors & didn’t want to have to go back through all the doors manually adjust & check to make sure they were the same as the bid set.

Thanks