Lowered Ceilings

cocoabill

I am trying to lower the ceiling in two rooms.  All walls in home are 120" and I want ceiling in entry and kitchen to be 109".  I have read everything I could find and as close as I can get is using shelf ceiling and using soffit for ceiling.  Almost works but gives me a gap between two ceiling heights.  Any suggestions?

Capture.thumb.PNG.102a914eedd7c6e11a3491587241bf28.PNG

14 minutes ago, cocoabill said:

I am trying to lower the ceiling in two rooms.  All walls in home are 120" and I want ceiling in entry and kitchen to be 109".  I have read everything I could find and as close as I can get is using shelf ceiling and using soffit for ceiling.  Almost works but gives me a gap between two ceiling heights.  Any suggestions?

Capture.thumb.PNG.102a914eedd7c6e11a3491587241bf28.PNG

double click the room, then change ceiling height under Structure.

Solver, thanks new here to Chief just added profile hope it shows up on post.  In case it doesent it's Home Designer Pro Build 22.3.0.55X64

So are you saying I should build up 12 inches on fir framing or add some other layer?

Thanks

1 hour ago, cocoabill said:

So are you saying I should build up 12 inches on fir framing or add some other layer?

Yes, I think so , this is how Drop Ceilings are normally done , though you can use an Air-Gap Material too.

The hole you see maybe from using an invisible wall though.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-01050/manually-framing-a-dropped-ceiling.html