Railing columns not being Consistant.

DeLayDesign

My client has a very specific look in mind, "H" shaped columns.  I've managed to create them as a 3D item and import them as a column; however, when placed they all seem to act as I want them to, except one.  What's the solution to this without having to place them all manually?

TIA.
Adam

H Post.JPG

The location at the start or end of the railing wall is what determines the position. You will need to play with turning them off and/on per the wall section to see which one is the position you want.

In other words, the longer wall at the edge of the deck looks to have one correct and one not. I would turn the start and end off for that wall and see what it gives you by allowing the shorter side walls determine the corner post.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NPDesignStudio
    Newest Member
    NPDesignStudio

• By j2narchitecture
      I am using the railing to auto generate columns and beam for an exterior porch.
      For some reason, the railing is generating 4 -1/2 columns, where only 3 are needed. 
      The spacing is set to 8' o.c. for the columns. 
      How can I correct this so that only 3 columns are being generated?
      Any feedback is appreciated.
      See attached plan file and circled area on the pics.
      TIA

PLAN FILE

• By Sunnyfields
      I am attempting to show a bridge structure from a stair to a loft and CA is showing a dropped area underneath the railing:

You will note that the railing perpendicular to this does not have this problem. I have rechecked my defaults, added a room under the bridge with the same settings as the room without the issue, and asked our CA guru...we are at a loss. This seems to be an issue with the wall created underneath the railing, but the settings for this railing are exactly the same as the perpendicular one Here's the troublesome railing:

Here's the one which is working properly:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you!

• By Designer100
      Hi,
           I am trying to place columns and grid line with dimensions.
      I have to create on column circles and columns lines , then the dimensions will not place correctly to center usining manunel dimensinos (its leaves 12in on each side of column center lines.
      Chief Architect needs to be more friendly and have more commercial symbols and column lines to dimensions to them. They do have a commercial templet, but it does not have any of those.
      Plus they need commercial window details etc. I am donating this for a non-profit to design a rendering and another area added on the back of this building.I am donating a rendering of exterior to help them fund raise $300.000.00 (by December) to buy the exist. building and remodel adding finishes to look better and another 2,000 s.f. to it.

Can anyone help me on working out the Grid center lines and will measuring correctly? turn on background and existing bldg. is under neath. 

Thanks,

Newell
      CA Premier x 12

Porter Road Floor Plan existing.PDF
      Existing Building remodeling.Addition.plan
    • By verticalworks
      We have limited space on our layout page and more pages than can fit. I cannot seem to find a way to do columns. The only option is to shrink the font but that will not be an option as the city requires a minimum font size. All I can come up with is to do a manual text box. This seems like there should be an easy solution to this as I know plan sets that are 60-80 pages and you would need multiple columns to show all the pages. Thought?

• By DeckQuestions
      Is there a way to make the top rail of my deck railing rounded?