stair landing does not connect to stairs automagically

SH_Canada

I have a stair landing that I need to connect to stairs.

I first created the stairs , moved to outside wall, then created a landing. Then for some reason when I move the landing to the wall it does not stop/bump to the wall, any ideas why?

So I put it into position manually, and then tried to move the stairs back and forth to try and auto connect them to the landing. Am I missing something simple here? I noticed in the CA videos the are always connecting the TOP of the stairs automagically to a landing. Is there a way to do it when the landing is at the bottom, or am I missing something simple?

I also noticed toilets and vanities are not stopping at the wall on the lower level, even if I put in a normal interior wall. something weird going on...

image.png.b6395457ceb0b999b095f990ac5c38d6.png

thanks

Not sure it matters, but this landing will be sitting 3' above the floor as the grade is 3' above the floor

image.thumb.png.091e137fad78be98e541c99b4dd4297b.png

danny.plan

2 minutes ago, Dermot said:

Your stair is not connected to the landing because it is overlapping the landing by 1 11/16".

but how do I get the stairs to snap to the landing, I tried moving the stairs around, but it never seems to snap to it

1 minute ago, solver said:

Point to Point

that started to cross my mind :o)

just thought it would work like the videos, but they seem to be the other way around (stair to landing, not landing to stair). I did notice I can snap the landing to the stair, and then move them both back into the corner

anyone know why the bumping is not working on this level?

Are you trying to move the stair or change the length?  This matters.

Normally, you can just drag the start of the stair and it will snap to the landing.  Since you have locked the tread depth, this will make it harder to snap the start or end to other objects because they are unlikely to fall on an even tread increment.

You can move the stair and snap the start to the landing by grabbing start handle while holding the middle mouse button.

You can also use the point-to-point move tool as suggested by Eric.

thanks

ultimately my use case is: 

set the tread depth to 10"  and try to get the riser to between 7.5 and 7-7/8", and then alter that height/number of treads) until that lands somewhere near the landing.

In theory I could also then dajjalust the landing height if for instance the riser height cam it at 8". unfortunately it's all about the inches in these small backyard suites

but seems like the better way to do this  is to set the landing, draw the stairs up from it, and then adjust the riser height/treads, then go back to the landing, all while they are connected to each other

I'll try this

ok If I change my lower wall beside the stairs to invisible as Eric suggests, then the landing does not move. I can then change it bac to not be invisoble and the landing does not move.

Thanks eric

so it looks like my normal wall below is causing this "landing just decides to move on its own when I draw the stairs" problem.

me thinks that needs to be documented

on a side note, eric, I can't seem to play past 2:36 in your video, not sure if it is me or not, tried a few times and my internet seems to be working fine. I will try again later

4 hours ago, solver said:

I only did that so that wall would not block the view of the stairs -- has nothing to do with the problem.

from what I can tell it does in the given circumstance as one way to solve the problem. see the video above as I show it first with the normal wall and then the only thing I change is to make it invisible.

I think the deal is that with my lower wall being close to the landing/stairs, but not actually butted to the landing or stairs, this weird landing moving behaviour happens.

I can prevent that by changing the wall to invisible. I suspect I can also prevent it by moving the wall further away from the stairs. I will try tommorow

It's very repeatable, I did it probably 15 times including moving the landing to be butted and not butted to the wall

So does anyone know why, when I move the stairs into the corner, I can move it right through the corner wall. Same with the toilet and vanity, it's like the bumping to the wall is not working on this level(it works on the upper level)? The walls are not furred. weird