how to center a pile between two others

SH_Canada

I build a deck, but CA put in too many piles. So I deleted one and tried to move the other to be centered, but when I change the temp dimension to be what I want, the pile changes shape instead of moving. I tried locking center, arc, chord, same effect. I tried just bumping with the arrow keys but it stays in the 16ths. I also tried using the tab key and entering an amount, but then I would have to start doing 16ths math.

I noticed the temp dimensions picked up the edge of the pile instead of the middle, but I do not see any paramters to set for this in the temp dim defaults

I also tried to use the center tool but it does not pick up centering between the piles

Any ideas on how to do this easily?

Thanks

I assume that by "piles" that you mean the deck post footings that Chief builds?  If so, then this is just a slab which works the same way all other polyline based objects work.

To control how the temporary dimension works, just click on one of the buttons that appears next to it (move edge vs. move object) when you select the dimension you are trying to change.  See picture below.

poly move buttons.png

that little window does not show. I also created p2p dimensions from the centers, but after I click on the piles (slabs/polyline/deck footing (although the "footing" is not checked in the object properties) the p2p does not "engage" to allow me to type a dimension to move it (but maybe that is by design)

image.thumb.png.4e34c6bfb62297baea4e420aae6c16d1.png