Elevation Line Weight and Shadows

SidneyH

Hi everyone, I'm trying to improve how my elevations are presenting in layout. I'd like to increase the line weight of the walls and roof while decreasing the pattern line weight that the siding and roof shingles creates. I have tried adjusting the plot lines as well as adjusting the lines weights in Layer Display Options. I would like my drawings to present like the example below including the shadowing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-Reeves

1003578395_LayoutExample.thumb.JPG.cb34f7d203fe38a5a7af2029d87ddf28.JPG693748451_MurphyLayoutImage.thumb.JPG.2854cfb77cf86e565ff7d65f413df92d.JPG

EXAMPLE                                                                                                       MY EXISTING LAYOUT

• 9 months later...

Hi Sidney. I'm after the same goal. It doesn't look like anyone had suggestions. Did you ever figure out a way to get your elevation to look like your example?

Dave Falk

Dell G7

Chief X13

36 minutes ago, BhamArch said:

Did you ever figure out a way to get your elevation to look like your example

Gents,

A couple thing you will need to do to get close to what you want as the example. 

• To get the shadow, in your plan view pick the camera for the elevation view (don't open the view)  and "Open Object".  Check Show Shadows and Ray Casted Sun Shadows. OK.  I always say no the "Cad Clip Lines"
  • After that is set, open up the view to get the shadows you like.  I saw a example on another Chief project where they put a date and time of the "sun shadow" on that view.  It helps, because every time you may have to open, you will know how to make that setting.  You can see it on the bottom corner of my attachment.
  • Now that your view is loaded on the layout sheet, pick that view, as I show and open object.  You will see a layout box specification.  Play with the Edge Line and Pattern Line defaults to get what you like.  To each his own.  

Hope this helps.  I got a lot of tips by pulling up some Chief plans and surfing.. Also some guys and gals on here have some great advice..

layout view.JPG

58 minutes ago, BhamArch said:

Hi Sidney. I'm after the same goal. It doesn't look like anyone had suggestions. Did you ever figure out a way to get your elevation to look like your example?

Dave Falk

Dell G7

Chief X13

Send to Layout as PLOT Lines not live Cameras so you have full control of the Line Weights etc, had this problem today in a Client's plan with the B&B Siding not showing at all well in the elevations , change Pattern lines to a Darker Grey ( or Black ) and using Plots Lines fixed that issue and also lets the Layout look more like it will print , while you work....

*** if you change the Material definition for the Roof Shingles , they won't appear "black" in layout in Vector Views....

but will still look correct in 3D camera views

image.thumb.png.8816b968e4ecff42c00e6231f4a7810a.png 

image.thumb.png.f6aec922632f98546e5c9ac6522de314.png

Mick.