truss framing issue

Currently using x12 premier, and haven't seen this problem in 20 years using Chief. Full overview shows correct roof soffits, but framing overview  goes wonky...???. I opened a new plan and duplicated my outside walls & roof with sa me result. Any suggestions appreciated....Kevin.

kurowski image 1.pdf kurowski image 2.pdf

Everyone here appreciates it when new members complete their signature with some basic info including their version of Chief. Makes it easy to locate and always available.

You can add that info by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

For next time, Vector View images usually show problems like this better than Standard View.

And it's almost always helpful to have the plan file to troubleshoot. Close Chief prior to attaching. Try Zipping if it's over 14MB.

40 minutes ago, kreser said:

Full overview shows correct roof soffits

I imagine if you turn on framing in that view you will see the problem.

I've not seen this problem, but would try pulling the lower roof planes back a few feet, then draw a truss.

3 minutes ago, solver said:

I've not seen this problem, but would try pulling the lower roof planes back a few feet, then draw a truss.

That should work but it is not a new problem. @dshall is the expert on that issue.

2 hours ago, kreser said:

maybe this time....350074276_kurpic1.thumb.jpg.627a64b2118efb298151b51213a0fe20.jpg1389778433_kurpic2.thumb.jpg.9f56c712ffc2d6bc3a24f8e513454a87.jpg

Eric's solution should work.  Supposedly they fixed this in X13.  Try rebuilding the trusses (select truss,  open dbx and click the FORCE REBUILD button.

• Upvote 1