New Computer Help - file path from old computer not matching new user

Billda

Hi team,

I've purchased a new laptop and successfully migrated my chief x12 on my old laptop to x13 on the new one. 

However, there a re few things not referenced correctly on the new laptop, specifically when navigating to the same dropbox folder (where I keep all of my plan files etc). e.g.

Firstly, the referenced plan files: 

My old laptop had the filepath c:\Users\mais2\dropbox\etc etc for the plan file location

When I load the plan im working on, there are some references to older plan files via the link above. However my directory for dropbox is C:\Users\Bill Moore\Dropbox\etc etc

Instead of relinking these one by one - is there a quicker way to do this?

Secondly, when I do relink to the new filepath as above, there are still some images like logos etc that arn't coming through. Again it seems to be an issue with the C:\Users\Bill mais2\dropbox versus C:\Users\Bill Moore\dropbox\etc

I can't work out how to get these jpegs etc back into my plans.

Can anyone please advise?

Cheers,

Bill

you should contact CA's tech support - they can best advise

they open early 

when adding images to a plan or layout you can select the image and select "save in plan"

then the plan can be moved anywhere and the images are always there

I have been recommending that this be a preference item for over 15 years

as I constantly get bit by this "foible" - so does my partner

I try to remember to select "save in plan" for all images at the time I add them

but invariably I miss some and then "CHOMP" sometime in the future :(

Lew

Try putting the Logos in the X13 Textures Folder , it is one Place Chief Looks for missing images/textures if it can't find them in the Plan Folder or the library.

Once working again open the Logos in Chief and make sure the "Save in Plan" Box is Checked so you can't lose them again

• 1 month later...