Stair Case Lighting

rollfast

I teach Archy 1 class at a local h.s. were we use CA.  I am still new to the program.  Question I have is "can and what is the way of creating two three-way light switchs at the top on bottom of a stairs-two floors?)  Also how do you place the ceiling light?

Thanks for any help.

Rollie

"How do you place a ceiling light?" Click on the "outlet" symbol or "electrical symbol" Then click on the light, then click where you want it in the plan... There are a lot of free videos out there that you may benefit from. I'm just running out and don't have time to post any links, but if no one has posted links to these sources, I'll be happy to when I get back in. Have a great night. Also I just use a cad line to connect the switches on different floors. Not sure if Chief fixed that yet....

post-58-0-68902700-1418418176_thumb.jpg

Someone a long time posted how to make an invisible electrical symbol not sure who, so I have an invisible light fixture and sw that doesn't show on the plan put when I put them together I put a note on my plan that says run to switch above and then upstairs I do the same thing with the note run to switch below, so far this has worked for me and the extra symbols don't show on the plan

I just finished doing a huge lighting layout. I believe you are talking about having a light or group of lights controlled by a 3-way on two different floors? The connectors obviously will not connect and cause the switch to automatically change and the same light should only show on one floor to avoid duplication. So you can have one switch, light and connector on the first floor, but draw a CAD arc with an arrow pointing to a note about the switch upstairs. And the same can be done for the switch upstairs. Since the switch will not automatically change to a 3-way, you can open the core library and manually place the symbol for the 3-way switch (search for "three way"). You will need to be aware of what layer the arc and text goes on or move to the more useful layer.