Stairs going through doorway... is there something I'm missing??

HCremodel

I have needed tom place stairs that go through a doorway on multiple occasions, and every time I try it would seem the program glitches and usually breaks the wall or the doorway so you can see the structural materials. The best solution I have found was placing two staircases on either side of the opening, but even that solution isn't perfect. Has anyone found a solution to this?? Am I doing something wrong? I feel like it's pretty common for stairs to go through openings, so it would seem odd to me if chief would not have an option for that.... I attached a picture of what I am encountering. I am using premier x13 beta, but this was also a problem in x12 

stairs through doorway.jpg

This is a nuisance.

I am assuming you created the opening via a doorway and not an invisible wall which I think is the correct approach.

I think you have built the opening too far into drywall.  Try making the opening 1/8” smaller.  But not perfect.

@HCremodel - The stair is going to cut off the top of the wall...thus, if you place a doorway into the wall it will not extend above the stair. The quickest "fix" is to just use a P-Solid...and you won't be fighting the jamb of the doorway cutting away the drywall on the wall surface. 

Example using a solid...just took a couple of minutes;

2021-06-22_12-08-45.thumb.png.346fbff6c3bfb43d8a1eac19fc1e4433.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SNestor said:

@HCremodel - The stair is going to cut off the top of the wall...thus, if you place a doorway into the wall it will not extend above the stair. The quickest "fix" is to just use a P-Solid...and you won't be fighting the jamb of the doorway cutting away the drywall on the wall surface. 

Example using a solid...just took a couple of minutes;

2021-06-22_12-08-45.thumb.png.346fbff6c3bfb43d8a1eac19fc1e4433.png

Steve,  you are correct,  if the doorway is on the same floor as the stairs,  the stairs cut the wall.

I think you can put that doorway in a wall on the LEVEL above and it will create the opening.  I  alway have a wall above on the level above.