brinkbart

New Chief Architect File Icons for 2014

I have created three new sets of icons for Chief Architect's .PLAN, .LAYOUT, .CALIB, and .CALIBZ file formats. I think these will look especially good with Windows 8. (I don't have Win8).

To change file-type icons in Windows7 and Windows8 you will need a third-party application (I recommend the free program FileTypesMan).

The attached thumbnail shows what the icons look like in the various Windows 7 views. My favorite is the Full Color Hoizontal ones.

Chief Icons 2014.zip

post-210-0-51539200-1394359605_thumb.png

post-210-0-77120600-1394359623_thumb.png

post-210-0-22762000-1394359634_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

thx, liked the last ones , these look great too

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    zzubin
    Newest Member
    zzubin

• By joan2799
      Hi,

I am looking for someone experienced in CA to take a pdf set of house plans and draw the basic structural aspects of the house (foundation, walls, roof, stairs, etc) into a .plan. I will do all the decorative finishes, interiors, etc myself. This work is to be completed online, I can email the plans to you and the .plan file can be emailed back to me. Potential for ongoing future work.  If interested, message me asap to discuss the details.

Thanks,
      Katrina
    • By ericepv
      I'm in need of an icon for a flower covered arch for a wedding project, can anyone help?
    • By brinkbart
      As you know, the file icons for .layout and .plan files are annoyingly similar. I think in later versions (X4?) they may have tried to make it easier to distinguish between them, but you have to admit the icons are not great.

For my use, I have made new icons for .layout, .plan, .calib, and .calibz files. it is VERY conspicuous which is which.

It's easy to change file-type icons in WindowsXP, but to set them in Windows7, you will need a third-party application (I recommend the free program FileTypesMan).

The attached thumbnail shows what the icons look like in the various Windows 7 views. Although I haven't tested it, these should absolutely work with Windows 8.

ca_filetype_icons.zip