Layout Labels

timmy123

Timmy,

I strongly advise you to NOT use Rotate Plan View as Rich indicates as it will only cause you more problems. 

That command rotates the view OK, BUT, it also rotates the whole co-ordinate system. ie, it rotates the "drawing board".

Use it and have a play to see the results, but do not use it to rotate your plan.

You should be able to use Edit Area (All Floors)...Transform/Replicate...Rotate.

I don't know what Ctrl-A is as I have my own shortcuts.

Or, once you use Edit Area (All Floors), and then selected everything (including the terrain) with a marque, you should be able to grab the the rotate handle and rotate the whole lot with the mouse. 

Well see, there you go. I knew it was a trick question.

Why on earth would anybody use the "Rotate Plan View"

tool to rotate the plan view?   :huh:  :wacko:  :blink:  :unsure:  :rolleyes:  ;)

BTW, I strongly advise not using my suggestions too. B)

Rich,

Notice that the tool is called Rotate Plan VIEW, not Rotate Plan.

...the help file is quite clear:

To rotate everything in floor plan view, including all objects on all floors, the Snap and Reference Grids, the plan’s Cartesian coordinates, and the drawing sheet, select Tools> Rotate Plan View to open the Rotate Plan View dialog.

and

The Rotate Plan View tool does not rotate objects; it literally rotates your view of those objects. As a result, it does not alter the orientation of the plan in layout views or on the printed page.

If that is really what you want to do then go ahead and use that command.

I was just trying to warn Timmy of some of the consequences of using that command.

I have posted before that I believe that command should be deleted from the program (although there was once a user that said they used it), or at least a warning during it's use of the consequences of using it.

I was just messin' with ya Glen. I suspected there

was more to it which is why I put a question mark

after my original reply. The OP mentioned that he

wanted to rotate the plan and the terrain and the

tool in question does do that. Actually I may be the

second person to have actually used the tool. I used

it to rotate a long skinny site plan 90° so it would fit

the shape of my monitor. So far the only drawback 

I have noticed is that I have had to rotate my sun

angle 90° also.

Rich,

The sun angle is the easy one.

Your whole co-ordinate system will be messed up.

+x will be up the screen (12 o'clock, instead of 3 o'clock) and +y will be at 9 o'clock (instead of 12 o'clock).

Try it.

This can get really confusing when using co-ordinates!

Hi Glen and Rich,

Thanks for your replies.

I tried the way Rich suggested using rotate plan view, but now the labels are overlapping in plan view...as well as layout.

I used Glens method and it fixed the labels in plan view as well as layout! but the problem is I cannot rotate all the layers. For some reason in plan view I am able to rotate the plan but not the exterior parking etc..

I am thinking if some layer is locked or not editable? I am attaching the plan please see if you can spot the problem. I am trying to rotate everything counter clockwise 90 degrees.

home_6_6_2014_d_fazal_56Layout.layout

• 3 weeks later...