Multiple Living Areas in One Plan

anthem

Yes there is.  You can do it with room poly lines and then assign a macro to each polyline area like this %$rma1=area%  where $rma1 is a variable that stores the area for that room polyline.  

Do that for each room, and then you can make a text box that adds them all up.  "Total living area for apt 1 is:%$tarea = $rma1 + $rma2...% and so on until you have them for every area.  The total is generated automatically, and if you change a room area and refit the polyline for that room, the total is automatically updated as well.

5 hours ago, Doug_N said:

Yes there is.  You can do it with room poly lines and then assign a macro to each polyline area like this %$rma1=area%  where $rma1 is a variable that stores the area for that room polyline.  

Do that for each room, and then you can make a text box that adds them all up.  "Total living area for apt 1 is:%$tarea = $rma1 + $rma2...% and so on until you have them for every area.  The total is generated automatically, and if you change a room area and refit the polyline for that room, the total is automatically updated as well.

Yup.  Chief made this a lot more efficient in X12 than what it used to be too.  I personally don't create a polyline for every room though.  Only for the entire area I want to reference.  I only d for sperate rooms when there's a specific reason to do so (covered deck vs. uncovered deck is one example).  I also recommend creating a uniquer Saved Plan View for this "Area Analysis" where only the required layers are displayed, where almost all layers except rooms are locked, and where you have a Current CAD Layer specifically for your Area Analysis Polylines. 

5 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I also recommend creating a uniquer Saved Plan View for this "Area Analysis" where only the required layers are displayed, where almost all layers except rooms are locked, and where you have a Current CAD Layer specifically for your Area Analysis Polylines. 

Good suggestion and I am going to bake that into my template.