Sign in to follow this  
Cannonkd

Remove drywall from ceiling in specific rooms

I have a project which will be framed open beam with the second floor decking being the ceiling. Is this doable and if it is how? The customer found the attached example.

ceiling.jpg

Turn off "Flat Ceiling Over This Room" and delete the Ceiling Finish: Layers.  Then paint your roof rafters and sheathing.

The room below on floor 1 is defined with an invisible wall in line with the railing wall above on floor 2.

The room next to the railing room on floor 2 is designated as "open below" to get the cathedral ceiling. 

Build your floor and ceiling framing to the specs that reflect your construction.

Open the Dialoge Box for the Room on floor 1 and delete the ceiling finish in the structure tab.  This will expose those floor joists above.

Thank you! I actually just found it on my own. However, I have one more issue, removing the ceiling line from the 3D. Any ideas?

ceiling line.jpg

That may be the remnants of the first floor ceiling.  It may need to be turned off and the layers deleted.  You can always post the plan file and one of the experts will take a look if that does not work.