since1937

Dropping slab in garage

How can I drop the foundation slab in my attached garage by 6" from the main house? All of the walls are already up in the plans....

Hi Lindsay,

You have to build the foundation first. Once that is done you can open the garage room dialog box and you will be able to change the stem wall height in relation to the slab.

See attached...

GARAGE2.PNG

GARAGE1.PNG

• Like 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TinkerB
    Newest Member
    TinkerB

• By DomaniHomeDesign
      This is the first home my team and I have created in Chief Architect (converting from SoftPlan) and we're stuck still trying to figure out if there's a way to show a foundation only plan in the layout using the "walkout" basement, level 0. We end up with the full framed walls showing on top of the 4' stem foundation walls, no interior footings for the interior bearing walls, and a stone veneer on the framed wall above that isn't supported by the foundation wall.

If anyone can offer information on how to get just a true, basic foundation plan in our plan set/layout that would be fantastic! The (nearly complete) floor plan is zipped up and provided below.
      Warnier, Adam & Diana.zip
    • By chiefuser70
      Hello all,

I am a fairly new user to Chief, but I have graphic design and 3D experience in other applications that seem to parlay well in Chief.

I am using Version X12.

I have been working on several projects and all of them have the floor joists sitting on a framed wall making the top of the joist even with the green plate.

To illustrate my end goal, I created what I am trying to do in my 'visual' 3D app, so it is not to scale or anything, but I am having a tough time making this happen in CA.

I get close with the the offset footing and stem wall, but I cannot figure out how to add the framing on the 7" side of the footing?

I also noticed there is an error where when you add a framed footing, it will show up like a solid piece of lumber until you rebuild the framing, and then it will look correct like it does in my 3D mockup.

Has anyone created a conditioned crawl like this, with the framing on the footing? I see in architectural guides that they just normally pour an L shaped stem wall and rest the joists on that L shelf, but there is something with the R factor and by adding the framed wall and then the foam it makes this other method better, or so I have been told.

Thank you for any suggestions. My current solution is just to draw out a normal footing and then just have the cad detail show what it really should be.

Cheers,

Joe

• By AAZeiset
      I am needing to show a 12 inch brick ledge on this foundation. Any ideas how to get rid of the small portion of foundation wall building up on the right side?? Maybe its a simple fix that I am overlooking... Any suggestions are welcome!
      Thanks in advance,
      A Zeiset

• By greglocke
      I'm trying to show my garage floor slab poured through my doorways.  I have stemwalls set at 6" above the floor, but want to depress the stem another 4" to allow pouring the slab through.
    • By JasonMWebb
      Is there a way to generate the vertical cell reinforcement objects in a CMU foundation plan? I am looking for something along the lines of what is in this diagram (from another system). It is a common requirement for foundations. Please refer to the small squares grouped at the corners of the foundation drawing attached. Note that I am using Chief Architect Premier X12 (latest build).

The detail drawing for this object would look similar to this: