How do I eliminate mortar joints in brick texture?

MC_Florida

Hello fellow users...

I'm working on a drawing involving a brick pony wall. CA offers lots of brick textures which is great. I've created a symbol for soldier courses/ sills and that was no problem. The problem that I'm having is the mortar joints in the library graphic/material are showing up in the symbol. How do I eliminate the graphic mortar joints and keep the color and the texture?

I'm using X9. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank You

37 minutes ago, MC_Florida said:

Hello fellow users...

I'm working on a drawing involving a brick pony wall. CA offers lots of brick textures which is great. I've created a symbol for soldier courses/ sills and that was no problem. The problem that I'm having is the mortar joints in the library graphic/material are showing up in the symbol. How do I eliminate the graphic mortar joints and keep the color and the texture?

I'm using X9. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank You

Picture of what you are needing and what you have may help.

BTW Everyone would appreciate it if you could add your details to your signature line.  We see you have x9 from your comments but many times information on your system hardware and software comes into play as well.  You can add all that to your signature line as you see in mine below which will get you the most help possible when paired with descriptive terse questions.

image.png.816b8dc6e4cd567a27058c11686d42a5.png

Here is the example I'm referencing to. Please note that sill texture has mortar joints along with the symbol mortar joints. What I am looking to do is keep the symbol mortar joints and delete the graphic mortar joints. I sorry I will Update my signature block when I have a minute

5 minutes ago, MC_Florida said:

image.png.816b8dc6e4cd567a27058c11686d42a5.png

Here is the example I'm referencing to. Please note that sill texture has mortar joints along with the symbol mortar joints. What I am looking to do is keep the symbol mortar joints and delete the graphic mortar joints. I sorry I will Update my signature block when I have a minute

From your description I am still unclear of what you did.  I understand what you want to see now.  Just not sure how you came to have two textures on the same item.  Did you put a molding on top of the sill?  Someone else may understand what you have going on and be able to help after seeing this but I am still unsure.  Maybe you can upload your .plan file (make sure you close chief before you upload it) to take a look at it and see how to fix it.

To eliminate the mortar joints from the texture I would recommend using an image editing program, something like photoshop.  You should create a copy of the original texture and you will need to have two different materials so that you can use the one with the mortar for the wall and the one without for the sill.

• Upvote 1

I believe I am agreeing with you. When I change the materials of the symbol to like concrete all works ok. It's the mortar joints in the texture that seem to be causing the problem. Can you recommend and image editing program? Could I use substance player?

Just an update. I was able to accomplish the task within CA. It took a little research in the question and answers section and the help pages. I loaded a jpeg of the material after cropping it and then adjusting it in the materials definition. Thanks to all for the help