Gap Between First and Second Floor

TannerS

I need some help with a two-story house that I am playing around with. I have tried every solution that I have found online and nothing has worked for me. The first two links are the methods that I have already tried in an attempt to resolve the issue. I have also gone to "Room specification>Structure" and tried to change the second "floor" height but it just automatically adjusts the "Ceiling Below" and I am left with the same problem. I feel like if I could lock the ceiling height and then change the floor height then I might be able to resolve the issue. I have attached a picture of the Orthographic Full Overview, the "Wall Type Definitions" from the solution provided in link 1, and "Room Specifications" where I tried to change the floor height. I am not in any big rush to get this fixed, but any help is appreciated. Thank y'all.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00038/resolving-a-gap-between-floors-in-camera-views.html

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/6925-gap-between-floors-in-3d/

TannerS

Chief Architect Premier X11

Capture3.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Hey Tanner,

I guess I'm not sure what the question is?  Are you a talking about the gap showing in the ortho view?  If so, that will fill in when you built your frame structure (the 12 5/8" dim on your dbx).  Until you build your frame, that will not show "filled" in.  IF you have built the frame, try turning on your framing layers (floor)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JAMADOR
    Newest Member
    JAMADOR

• By robdyck
      I'm setting up a new PC and I'm having trouble figuring out how to migrate my Preferences to the new PC. I've read everything I can find but I'm not understanding how to keep Chief 'looking the same' on my new machine. Things like colors, crosshairs, icon size, etc. I haven't had any issue with copying all other relevant files.
      Am I missing something obvious or do I need to make notes from the Chief Preferences on the old PC and then adjust them manually on the new one?
    • By robdyck
      I can't remember, or quickly find which layer controls the text portion of some electrical symbols. For my electrical set, most layers are light gray...and one of them is affecting the symbol display. It's gray as well, and of course, I want it black.
      Can anyone help me out?

• By robdyck
      I can't get a skylight to build a square shaft when placing a skylight into a roof plane when the room does NOT have a flat ceiling. In my A-frame project, the ceiling is supplied by the roof and part of the skylight dbx is greyed out. Skylight works fine when its over a flat ceiling. Has anyone else run into this before?

• By robdyck
      If I mull 2 exterior doors together in order to make a patio door that has a mullion, I can't see an option to specify this door as 'exterior' or 'interior'. This affects my schedules as I use a separate schedule for exterior and interior doors, because they're usually from unrelated suppliers. Am I missing something?
      I'd love the ability to be able to add a mullion to a double door.

I now see that can be controlled in the schedule tab by exploding the Door Tab.

• By robdyck
      I have a text macro in a garage plan that references the area of a polyline. In layout, that macro appears blank unless the plan file is open. Is that normal?
      I needed to open the layout file only (or so I thought) and make a few adjustments before printing.