Adam_Gibson

Some PBR Walls Glow

Anyone have an idea why some walls glow in the dark? I think it's happened before but it's a mystery. All the wall types and materials are the same for all the walls but some look like they're emitting light. It's odd.

Untitled 4.jpg

LOTS of priors on this issue...  9X out of 10 its due to the walls penetrating the bld'g envelope and thus being directly lit by the sun.
Check for that, then if that doesn't work, dial the sun waaaay down to something like 1000

That makes sense. It may have something to do with the sun. I dialed it back and it's improved. However, some of the walls this happens to are interior walls. It's even happening with some casing.

1 hour ago, Adam_Gibson said:

That makes sense. It may have something to do with the sun. I dialed it back and it's improved. However, some of the walls this happens to are interior walls. It's even happening with some casing.

Any number of things can cause this, often from user error with a slight workflow adjustment needed. Happens most often in template plans, being too far from 0,0 origin, building envelop not properly closed, improper wall designations etc. Too many to list, best to post a .plan file.

33 minutes ago, Adam_Gibson said:

The plan is too big to attach but here's a link for anyone willing to take a look. https://www.dropbox.com/s/iks7ssfznbsuez0/Untitled 3.zip?dl=0

Problem is that the envelope isnt full closed, likely the parapet roof. Light comes in to the interstitial space and the wall tops pick up the sunlight