rockyshepheard

What can cause walls not to grow up to roof planes?

Recommended Posts

I have a wall and a nice gable roof. I hear CA abhors a vacuum and readily fills the space with wall up to the roof.
For some reason (user error), this wall is happy to remain at the ceiling height. 
Is there a most common cause of this 'wall laziness'?
Thank you for any responses.
Rocky

 

Untitled-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have "Auto Rebuild Attic Walls" on? Found in Defaults/General Wall Defaults/Automatic Walls, toward the bottom.

 

Should be "Defaults/Walls/General Wall Defaults/Automatic Walls, toward the bottom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I changed 1 thing that has nothing to do with the wall. The hint is in the image. What's different when compared to your plan?

 

ct1.thumb.png.2f58505099ccc4e9ee6bcd51be8e8568.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ridge_Runner said:

Do you have "Auto Rebuild Attic Walls" on? Found in Defaults/General Wall Defaults/Automatic Walls, toward the bottom.

 

Should be "Defaults/Walls/General Wall Defaults/Automatic Walls, toward the bottom.

 

1 hour ago, Chief16Designer said:

You could open the wall check ballon through celling above 

 

1 hour ago, solver said:

I changed 1 thing that has nothing to do with the wall. The hint is in the image. What's different when compared to your plan?

 

ct1.thumb.png.2f58505099ccc4e9ee6bcd51be8e8568.png

Thanks all!
Ridge Runner- I did have "auto rebuild attic roofs" on in the defaults.
Chief16Designer- Checking "Ballon through ceiling above" worked! 
Solver-The only thing I see is the window is lower in the Z direction. see attached.

Untitled-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, rockyshepheard said:

Solver-The only thing I see is the window is lower in the Z direction. see attached.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Solver et al.
In summary... 
if you check "Roof Over Room"  that creates gable wall without  "Balloon Through Celling Above" being checked. RESULT: gable wall and roof over room
and 
if you do not check "Roof Over Room", you can get gable wall by checking   "Balloon Through Celling Above. RESULT: gable wall with no roof over room.
I see. 
Thx

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    28427
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    DwightDJ
    Newest Member
    DwightDJ
    Joined