Sign in to follow this  
goshgolly

adding an open shelf to a custom vanity

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't find anything specific that answers this question.

I'm trying to create a simple vanity with two drawers and an open shelf underneath (see inspiration image of "vanity").  I simply can't figure out a way/remember how to add a shelf other than by using the shelf command. While this works visually, it treats it as a separate part of the vanity, thereby creating two separate pieces.  In the Working Plan and Kitchen and Bath View plans, the shelf shows up on top of the sink while the 3d view shows the shelf in the correct place!  I guess maybe it's, in part, a layers thing?

I know there has to be a better way of doing this.  What am I missing/forgetting?

vanity.png

shelf on top.png

correct view.png

3 minutes ago, goshgolly said:

the shelf shows up on top of the sink

Use the Draw Order tools to change where the shelf is drawn.

• Like 1

Done via the cabinet dialog.

ct1.thumb.png.3458f746486c14aa645abd26656b99c0.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Brian-Ingrained
    Newest Member
    Brian-Ingrained

• By Ak49GCD
      Hey everyone, I've been searching for an answer on this issue but can't figure it out. The shelves are not going into the wall niche, is there any specific reason as to why? I've adjusted the sizes both width and depth thinking maybe they were too large to go into the niche (even though the shelves are 1/2" smaller in each dimension compared to the niche.) Thanks for any advice.

• By Sondra2141
      Bradenton-based design-build firm is expanding and seeking an interior design assistant proficient in chief architect. 

We work with residential remodeling only. Responsibilities will include:

Existing and Proposed Floor Plans
      Elevation and Perspectives 
      Permit Drawings

The candidate must be able to work with Design-Build Team, including the designer, project manager, and contractor.
    • By MarkMc
      Some time back Graham, myself and a few folks played around with how to show a beaded inset cabinet in Chief.
      What were the best solutions at the time are a PIA to work with. I was in need of doing a job with either beaded inset frames or elite (which will be a bit harder and is far rarer so not here)
      I wanted some way to have a beaded inset frame that was easy to change door style on. Figured this out while driving back from client meeting.
      Plan attached has a bunch of base cabinets configured, one wall cabinet and one tall. I've also attached a library of the "doors" used as "side panel inset" to achieve the beading.
      These are 1/4" beads with a total width of 5/16"  Note that separation widths and heights need to be changed to get correct opening for doors or drawers.

From there you are on your own so open the DBX to see what's going on. Hope you like it, I'm pleased as punch
      Ran a quick rt while checking things-looks like I'll need some hardware with altered origins so they don't float.

Note that these will use the default door, the top (A) drawers use default, the larger B drawers are set individually so either clear or specify those. Leave the beading untouched.
      Discovered that the wall cabinet in the current plan is not set as a door but as a side panel inset. Either correct that your self of use the newly attached BeadInsetPlan_X12.
      Changing to wider combined cabinets involves selecting "layout" vertical or horizontal and splitting. Avoid messing with the beads. Bit tricky, always use a test cabinet.
      Bead Inset Plan.plan
      Frame Beads.calibz

BeadInsetPlan_X12.plan
    • By Erick-FHbD
      Sorry folks, I am new to this forum and I deleted my post by accident while trying to respond.

I am trying to make a 24" wide pantry cabinet with full width roll out trays, but when I have double doors it makes it look like 2 rollout trays, one for each door side. Is there a workaround? When it's a single 24" door the rollout tray comes out perfectly, but I need a double door.

This time I added the plan.
      Cabinets with Rollouts.plan

• By nepbuilders
      Hi everyone!

I'm trying to create a "secret" door.
      A door that looks like a bookcase but when pushed, opens up. Any tips/pointers would be appreciated!