Sign in to follow this  
goshgolly

adding an open shelf to a custom vanity

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't find anything specific that answers this question.

I'm trying to create a simple vanity with two drawers and an open shelf underneath (see inspiration image of "vanity").  I simply can't figure out a way/remember how to add a shelf other than by using the shelf command. While this works visually, it treats it as a separate part of the vanity, thereby creating two separate pieces.  In the Working Plan and Kitchen and Bath View plans, the shelf shows up on top of the sink while the 3d view shows the shelf in the correct place!  I guess maybe it's, in part, a layers thing?

I know there has to be a better way of doing this.  What am I missing/forgetting?

vanity.png

shelf on top.png

correct view.png

3 minutes ago, goshgolly said:

the shelf shows up on top of the sink

Use the Draw Order tools to change where the shelf is drawn.

• Like 1

Done via the cabinet dialog.

ct1.thumb.png.3458f746486c14aa645abd26656b99c0.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JosephIM
    Newest Member
    JosephIM

• By birchmore
      I have an octagonal shaped room (silo, 3 stories tall) and I need to build a stair case along the outer wall, following the shape of the octagon, with winders in the corners. What is the best way to go about doing this? I can't seem to figure out how to get the angles correct, the railings to work, get it to create winders on the corners, or get it tight to the wall.

• By expodesigngroup
      Looking for a designer to handle the soft furnishings side of the business in northern California.     

Are you a brilliant designer with upholstery, bedding, rugs, colors, wallpapers and decorative items?  Do you design cozy and elegant Family Rooms, Foyers, Bedrooms?  Are you a master stager?  Have you wanted to move out of your house with your design business, or wanted to start your own business?  Do you have an existing client base?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
      We are located in west San Jose area, with clients throughout San Jose, Campbell and Los Gatos areas.
      Let's talk!  joey@hartsdesigns.com
    • By edos301
      Hello, I need help creating this specific balaced stair in chief architect premier x12. 
      The only thing i could think of was to manually create every step from slabs. I still need to corect some steps from plan view but at least the height and length are good - now how can i add the rails on the inside and outside walls?

Or maybe is wrongfully thought from the start; what is the simplest, smartest way to create this type of stairs?

• By VisualJoy
      Good afternoon,
      I am trying to design a kitchen but am having issues with both lower and upper cabinets that are convex.  I understand using the different door styles for the front, but how do I make the back of the cabinets fit?
    • By InteriorsbyDH
      Hello! 

We are a luxury residential interior design firm based just outside of Philadelphia. We have just signed a large project and are in search of outside space planning assistance. 

More specifically, we need a talented and thorough designer who is well versed in Chief Architect Interiors to take measured blueprints and turn them into single room plans that our team can then add furniture and finishes to. Looking for someone with impeccable accuracy who is a quick and efficient communicator.

Looking for assistance with 5-6 plans to start. Ideal turnaround would be 1 week or less. 

If you are interested, please reach out to Katie at katie@idhdesigns.com with 2-3 examples of plans you have created in Chief Architect Interiors as well as your proposed fee. 

Thank you!