I'm attempting to add a custom tile material to my Library.  I've tried to do a Capture Screen (hiding CA) from two different sources: one is a from an image of an actual tile online and the other is from a computer-generated custom mix.  In the first instance, the screen captures my desktop image (which sits behind the image of the actual tile even though I'm actually capturing the tile).  The other captures a blank blue box (even though I'm actually capturing the computer-generated mix).  I've attached a few screenshots.  Not sure if it makes a difference or not, but I'm on a Mac.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks so much.

1502166007_1actualtile.thumb.png.790a87229e5045f0192abfc85ca1d475.png1734642239_1actualtilelibraryview.thumb.png.7c4291483984255506e03a920b784262.png1972951207_2computergeneratedscreencapture.thumb.png.38ce3df58c8738d4ecbd5d6cc9fa2dff.png1001061206_2computergeneratedlibraryview.thumb.png.814cc07171d1a0817ca64973f512bc90.png

Wow!  Thank you @justmejerry!!!  That certainly helps me in the short-term.  I so appreciate your response.

I love this Forum.  So many members who are so generous with their time and information.

4 hours ago, goshgolly said:

I'm attempting to add a custom tile material to my Library.

Short Tutorial I made a while back.....is Window's based ...but may help get you started....

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Burtonmadness
    Newest Member
    Burtonmadness

• By goshgolly
      I am trying to apply a custom Manuel Canovas fabric (see "fabric" image below) to the Wayfair Gismodine headboard (which I found in a CA Manufacturer Catalog).  I have successfully imported the fabric into my User Catalog library and know this aspect is working on some level as I've been able to apply it onto the Frame of the headboard (see "frame is good" image below).  The frame was originally listed as Black.  However, when I try to apply it to the headboard itself, it shows that the fabric has been correctly selected, but it doesn't actually register on the headboard (see "upholstery tab" image below).  It appears as though some part of it is registering, as the blue color is showing through, but the pattern isn't coming through as it does on the frame.

I opened my headboard object again where the Furniture Specification tab comes up.  I looked under the "Materials" tab and found that there is a "Detail" listed as "Silver" (see "detail tab" image). I wonder if this is the problem?  In other words, I wonder if the "Silver" is acting as an overlay to the fabric? At least, that's what it looks like it could be (see "upholstery tab" again). Or perhaps this is a detail that has to do with something like the color of the nailheads (which aren't visible) and therefore has nothing to do with whether or not the detail is listed? 

I've tried the following remedies:
      When I click on "Detail: Silver" and then on "No Texture," nothing changes.  When I try to replace the "Silver," there's not an option to replace it with nothing.  The system won't allow me to delete that detail from the "Materials" list. Nor will it let me delete it from the "Plan Materials" list. I've tried multiple times.  
      I'm a relatively new user and I'm going crazy.  I've already spent about two hours trying to fix this thing by re-watching videos, re-reading instructions and starting over. 

This is an important thing for me to be able to control as I'm an interior designer and typically always customize my furniture selects. I've had had a similar problem to this in the past, but found a substitute I could use in the CA library for that instance.

I'm using CA Interiors X12 and a brand new Mac (see below for specific info).

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Chief Architect Interiors X12
      macOS Catalina version 10.15.3
      iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
      3 GHz 6-core intel core i5
      16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
      Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB

• By pgjacob
      Hi All
      I am wondering if you can create a new material from polylines.  I have made many new materials from images.  But in this instance I would like to make a series of metal circles to use to "paint" a hemi-sphere.  I could find an image to use to do this, but I want the circles to actually have real holes so light can shine through them.  I have attached an example of this for a light.  I am able to create a series of holes using a circle and the 3D molding polyline, multiple copy them and add to the library, but material is not an option.  This may not be possible...
      thanks
      melissa

• By scdesigns
      Can someone offer me help by directing me to either a training video or tutorial notes on how to create custom floor tile/hardwood floor in Herringbone pattern.
    • By Don_Straub_Const
      I want to create a tile that is 12" x 24" then apply a picture taken of the proposed tile sample. i want to create it to be applied as a brick pattern.
      What is the easiest way to do this.