Easy thickened slab footings that count in material list

GeneDavis

Where the basement slab has bearing loads, posts or walls, we thicken the slab appropriately, and typically use CAD and text on the foundation plan to show where and what.

It can be modeled in 3D by making and placing slabs and or solids where needed.

What do you do if you want it all included in the concrete count in the material list?  I'd like NOT to do walls with footings and posts with footings.

I know that tool and can use it, but wish it had more options.  If I've a 4" wall with a 16" pad under, I want it to go another 4", which requires a short invisible wall.

i just wish Chief would add an option to the slabs and solids spec that would let the volumes tally in the concrete foundation counts.

I'll make a suggestion in that subforum.

2 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

I know that tool and can use it, but wish it had more options.  If I've a 4" wall with a 16" pad under, I want it to go another 4", which requires a short invisible wall.

You place them on the foundation layer completely independent of the walls above.  No need for any invisible walls. 

3 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

i just wish Chief would add an option to the slabs and solids spec that would let the volumes tally in the concrete foundation counts.

Read up on using Material Definitions and the Components capabilities. 

That's better.  Thanks.  I can use the 4" slabs placed under the 4" floor slab, ID'd as FOUNDATION in the Components dialog.

Itemized nicely in the material list, and easier and more flexible than using walls, for this particular plan.