Change a floor height?

ACADuser

The customer set the floor heights and I did a rough 1st draft. See the attached plan.

So today he said he got the flood elevation wrong & wants the first floor ceiling at 8'

I have in the past just changed the default floor 1 to 8' and most everything followed that change.

When I tried it today the balconies refused & some windows went wacky.

Is there a better way to change the floor height?

Vincent.zip

Hum, yes the windows header height default was changed & it did not raise the windows so I manually raised the windows to the new default height.

I thought the balcony defaults were correct. When I changed the room type from unassigned to balcony I had to manually change the floor elevation -4" but the floor under it remained at the full truss height. It did not assume the 20" floor thickness the default had assigned to it.

23 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

Hum, yes the windows header height default was changed & it did not raise the windows so I manually raised the windows to the new default height.

I thought the balcony defaults were correct. When I changed the room type from unassigned to balcony I had to manually change the floor elevation -4" but the floor under it remained at the full truss height. It did not assume the 20" floor thickness the default had assigned to it.

Glad it worked out.  It seems to me that when you changed the balcony to -4 that would overide default floor height so would not change when you changed the dynamic default height.

Either way glad it worked.

That seems odd because you can not set the default floor height for balconies separately, correct?

The columns did not change in camera view until I double-clicked on them. Then they updated to the correct position.

All is good now though.

28 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

That seems odd because you can not set the default floor height for balconies separately, correct?

The columns did not change in camera view until I double-clicked on them. Then they updated to the correct position.

All is good now though.

No as far as I know I don't believe you can set it separately.  I guess the procedure would have to be to go to any rooms you changed manually check them back to default, change your dynamic, then readjust those rooms.  Kind of a pain but I am guessing there are many who do not change their balcony and deck heights either.