Hover App

Windle

Are you familiar with the Hover App - it produces exterior renderings and PDFs.  The app has the option to export in a DXF, DWG, and XKP file formats.  Wondering if they are compatible before we invest in this option?? 

11 minutes ago, Windle said:

Are you familiar with the Hover App - it produces exterior renderings and PDFs.  The app has the option to export in a DXF, DWG, and XKP file formats.  Wondering if they are compatible before we invest in this option?? 

I use it with a few of my clients to get as-builds of exteriors.  One uses hover as a backup to a matterport scam.  The hover dxf and dwg files are just single line outlines of the footprint of the house (at least in the past that is what it was.

5 hours ago, Windle said:

@rgardner So to clarify, the file transfer we will get into Cheif will not have the walls/roof that Hover produces?  Just a floorplan?

I tried one time and it was literally the exterior perimeter line in a single line format.  I never use it.  I use it for reference or if it is a complicated footprint and worth the time (10% of the time) then I will import the pdf as a layer in my drawing to trace my walls over after scaling it in chief to the right scale.  The dwg or dxf file was not worth the time it took to import it as usually I can do the perimeter in less than 10 minutes just referencing the hover and sometimes way less.