Printing From Layout Page/print Preview/pdf

dallard

Hi

I have sent a detail to my Layout page as per normal, and when I go to Print Preview or save to PDF for printing, the particular detail comes out as a solid colour.  I can't figure out what is wrong.  All the other details are fine, it is just this one, some details are blocks and some are not, that doesn't seem to make any difference.  I have copied this detail to another plan file and another layout to see if it will come through normal but it doesn't.   Any suggestions anyone please...!!

Construction Details.Sheet 15.MEULENBROEK.29102014.pdf

I have this same problem when importing a pdf and sending it to layout. After i send the plan to print as a pdf , the imported pdf details print as a solid black. I have worked around this problem by converting any pdf's to jpg before sending to layout.

Try printing in grayscale. 

Edit: I get pre-engineered drawings in PDF format frequently from structural fabricators. If I print in "black only" setting, any shading or hatches print as solid black. I just use "grayscale" setting and all is well. The PDF looks fine on my monitor regardless.