X6 Mac Camera Final View Grayed Out

DefinedDesign

Thanks for the quick reply Scott. :)   Unfortunately when trying your suggestions I don't get the Final View with Shadows options.  See screenshots.  Any other suggestions?  :unsure:

Take the camera and change offers these options:

post-382-0-29508500-1414451363_thumb.png

Changing the defaults offers these options:

post-382-0-60135700-1414451388_thumb.png

Show me a pic of the view that you want shadows on.  Is it a vector view or a normal/render view?

I bet it is a vector view.

In X6 you should be able to get QUICK SHADOWS which means you should never have to use FINAL VIEW WITH SHADOWS.  I never use that anymore,  I always get shadows with any render/normal view I take.

If quick shadows is turned on,  you will always get shadows.  

It looks to me like you are trying to access the 3d feature

while you are still in plan view. If you open or create your

3d view those options will be available to you. Most of the

3D dropdown menu items are unavailable in plan view.

Thank you Scott and Rich!  I was able to find it!  Your advice along with perusing the X6 Help File with the correct word search and I found this:

Previews vs Final Views

With the exception of Vector Views, 3D views are generated using the Preview settings in the Preferences dialog. Rather than produce the best quality possible, the installed settings for Previews generate 3D views quickly but with reasonable quality, and are best when working on the model in 3D. See Render Panel.

Final Views produce much higher quality images that are more suitable for printing or saving as graphics files. Final Views often take significantly longer to generate than Previews, so the 3D view reverts back to the Preview settings as soon as anything is changed within the view.

When you have finished making adjustments in the 3D view, select 3D> Camera View Options> Final View or Final View with Shadows.

I'm amazed at how fast the Final View with Shadows populates, whoa!  Very happy with my Mac  :D

Lisa, what Scott was so eloquently trying to say is

that if you enable "show shadows" in the Render/

Preview Options section of the Preferences menu

the shadows will always stay on (even when panning

and rotating). A very nice touch. 

BTW, I think the speed with which the shadows are

now rendered is more a function of an improvement

in version X6 than your fast Mac. They are fast for

everyone now. :)

post-126-0-33403200-1414558118_thumb.png