Changing Cabinet Labels

Dezigner99

I'm a kitchen and bath designer - I'm making the switch from 2020 to Chief Architect.  So far I love it.  No crashes - which was commonplace with 2020.   I can design professional presentation drawings that are architectural quality - something that was really difficult in 2020.  So far my stress level has dropped at least 75% since I made the switch.  But since cabinet manufacturers do not support Chief Architect with complete catalogs like they do 2020 and Pro Kitchen, I'm forced to create my own.  I have figured out how to take a cabinet - reconfigure it - and save it into my User Catalog. But I'm having problems with two things: 

1.  I cannot figure out is how to change the cabinet label to match my manufacturer's model #. I would like to rename them to match the model number that will appear on the cabinet label.  It would make sense to be able to change it in the label section of each item - but I cannot figure it out.  

2.  I also cannot figure out how to turn the existing label off on an item.  Somethings do not need to be labeled on a drawing,   But when I open the item and navigate to the "Suppress Label" section - it will not let me check the box to turn it off. I can do that on an Elevation drawing label, but not on an item label.   I'm thinking that it's a preference setting that is blocking me from doing that - but I can't find where to change it.  

image.thumb.png.904f159cecaca1a73239e2c3b667f388.png

It will not let me suppress the label on any cabinet that I have created and put in my layout.  Or any appliance that I have inserted into my drawing.  

I have searched the online forums for help and looked for YouTube videos.  There is plenty of information about configuring and modifying the cabinet - but not about working with the cabinet label.  

When I try and toggle between Automatic Label and Specify Label it will not let me select Specify :Label.   I'm blocked for some reason.   

Post a plan.  What you are describing doesn't seem right.

1.  In general, you should be able to select the "Specify Label" radio button and then type in whatever you want to appear as the label.  This should be simple and fast.  You can also use built in macros or custom macros for added functionality but that is a much more advanced topic.

2.  You probably don't need to suppress any labels unless you have a particular object that you don't want to ever display a label.  It is much better to control the labels through your layers.  For example, click on your cabinet and then use the Object Layer Properties tool, you will see all of the layers associated with the cabinet.  If you turn off the "Cabinet, Labels" layer, this will turn off all cabinet labels in the current layer set.  You can use different layer sets for different views so that you can have some views with labels and other views without.  If you suppress a label, it will be off in all views.