Chrisb222

Strange Artifact on Custom Countertop

Does anyone know why there is this strange "band" going over this farm sink when a custom countertop is placed? Or how to eliminate it?

Automatic countertop works correctly.

Thanks.

Sample file attached:

countertop.zip

235013460_ScreenShot2020-03-02at10_22_50AM.thumb.png.b5e72fd73db0325580a5150f8b822d84.png

And no need for a full plan backup -- just the plan file is needed unless the problem involves textures/patterns.

One big texture ...

ct1.thumb.png.c8b5ee2f11fab0d492d2737c4a60e87b.png

• Upvote 1

Away from my computer, but if you select the cabinet and then click Generate Custom Countertop, I don’t believe you’ll have the same issue to contend with.  I believe the problem is that the automated cutout is being created by a Hole In Custom Countertop (which is part of the 2D Block for the sink symbol).  When you draw out a Custom Countertop, you’re defining an edge that crosses that hole.  The result is an extra 2D face.  When you use the Generate Custom Countertop tool however, Chief recognizes the problem and doesn’t draw the extra edge.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Away from my computer, but if you select the cabinet and then click Generate Custom Countertop, I don’t believe you’ll have the same issue to contend with.  I believe the problem is that the automated cutout is being created by a Hole In Custom Countertop (which is part of the 2D Block for the sink symbol).  When you draw out a Custom Countertop, you’re defining an edge that crosses that hole.  The result is an extra 2D face.  When you use the Generate Custom Countertop tool however, Chief recognizes the problem and doesn’t draw the extra edge.  

Yep, that worked. I forgot about that tool, I made the island in question a long time ago. Thanks!!