Export 3Ds

ebdesign

Is it working? The last couple x's I've tried to do this, it takes soooooo long, I finally give up. Is it working? How long should it take? My task manager says Chief is "Not Repsonding". The progress bar isn't moving- or very very slowly, but the surface count continues to rise. seems like a lot of surfaces for flr0. It's just a slab at top of 48" stem wall.

??

post-120-0-13386900-1413465526_thumb.jpg

Jim:

I haven't done this before (export 3ds) so just tried it on a test model I have open in which I have been playing with the roof settings.  It is just a 4-sided model with a hip roof, no terrain, no foundation.  From the 3d full render view, after clicking on the Export 3D Model (3ds), all that showed up on my target destination (desktop) were 5 texture images (.jpg) for the model [roof shingles, Chief wrap, siding, OSB sheathing and hardwood flooring].  I wasn't expecting that so I guess I need to go read about exporting to 3ds.  What did show up was almost instantaneous ... no chugging along slowly ... but I was expecting the whole model to show up in a file and not just some of the textures being used in the model.

You say it's just floor 0 but from the screenshot, it looks like you are exporting a full overview.

I would hide all the layers you don't want to export and try again. The Export 3D Model option exports every displayed surface from the camera view.

Maybe open a Floor Overview and go to Floor 0 and export.

Jim, I took a full overview from the 1st floor on a house I'm currently working on (still in progress) just to see what happens if I exported everything, house, garage, driveway, sidewalks and terrain as a 3D Model (3Ds). It went fine with all textures. My image shown is the 3Ds model (symbol) imported into a blank plan. It looks like everything went okay. The symbol has 89546 faces. Exporting and importing went very fast.

post-66-0-92526800-1413473772_thumb.jpg

Thanks folks. It's working now.  It was not plan specific or anything like that. Maybe it was just waiting for me to send into TS. That's happened to me a couple x's before.  I send it in, they reply that they don't see a problem, so I try it again & all is well.  I have no clue what was going on.

Next time I won't wait 2 days to send it in.