Sign in to follow this  
rembocanoe66

Wall fill pattern in Plan View

I've used CA for years and AutoCAD since 1985. (Yeah I'm old).

In Florida we do a lot of Block house plans. (CMU) 8x16x8 concrete blocks.

Other than manually placing block patterns. Does anyone have an easy way to do wall fill patterns to show the ACTUAL CMU BLOCK Pattern in plan view. 

It would be great if it actually placed filled cells required for all window/door openings and corners. Any suggestions? 

Thanks

Ray

On 12/23/2019 at 10:16 PM, rembocanoe66 said:

I've used CA for years and AutoCAD since 1985. (Yeah I'm old).

In Florida we do a lot of Block house plans. (CMU) 8x16x8 concrete blocks.

Other than manually placing block patterns. Does anyone have an easy way to do wall fill patterns to show the ACTUAL CMU BLOCK Pattern in plan view. 

It would be great if it actually placed filled cells required for all window/door openings and corners. Any suggestions? 

Thanks

Ray

I asked this same question recently and apparently there isn't a way. I was asking for wall sections. What you may can do is insert a cad block from the library, explode it and use what you need. Thats what i did and it worked great.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    snakes911
    Newest Member
    snakes911

• By Ange822
      I am drawing a cross section using 2D CAD lines (to get more detail than the automatic cross section Chief creates).
      I am having issues finding a Batt Insulation Pattern to use.

I am using Chief X9

- Chief Architect has a Block under "CAD Blocks / Detail Components / Insulation / Batt / 5.5" R-21", but unfortunately it is only 12" x 5 1/2" of size, so if I want a smaller or bigger section, it stretches the block and the proportions change. 
      - I found a free .PAT file online (attached), but It needs to be in a specific location to work, the minute I move the polyline with that pattern in it, the pattern moves with it.

I have tried to illustrate this in the attached screen shot. 
      Please let me now if anyone has any recommendations / solutions to this issue.

thanks,
      Angela 

H1INSUN1.pat
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      Hi, attached is an stair section, How can i turn off the grey fill color for stair?

• By cajunland
      Issue in X12 when using break tool to adjust wall for an extension over a column.
      Bare wall end fir stud and overhead framing stud can be seen in wall section instead of drywall.

See attached file/pic.

I do not believe soffit is viable solution as I am seeing that soffits will not frame.
      So framing is important.

Many thanks to Solver as he addressed this issue and resolved it for my needs by applying different wall types to the wall area drawing. I posted my original files as reference and Solver's solution file (1868954996_MHD_sampletemplateplanSolutionWallEnds).
      And the solution frames out too as can be seen in file with camera Perspective Floor & Perspective Framing views.

Wall End Issues.plan
      1868954996_MHD_sampletemplateplanSolutionWallEnds.plan
    • By Upward1
      please tell me how to calculate the length of all the walls
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      Is it possible to create a wall type as attached in the image?. This is for a roof top patio partition wall. Could some one guide me please.