Sign in to follow this  
rembocanoe66

Wall fill pattern in Plan View

I've used CA for years and AutoCAD since 1985. (Yeah I'm old).

In Florida we do a lot of Block house plans. (CMU) 8x16x8 concrete blocks.

Other than manually placing block patterns. Does anyone have an easy way to do wall fill patterns to show the ACTUAL CMU BLOCK Pattern in plan view. 

It would be great if it actually placed filled cells required for all window/door openings and corners. Any suggestions? 

Thanks

Ray

On 12/23/2019 at 10:16 PM, rembocanoe66 said:

I've used CA for years and AutoCAD since 1985. (Yeah I'm old).

In Florida we do a lot of Block house plans. (CMU) 8x16x8 concrete blocks.

Other than manually placing block patterns. Does anyone have an easy way to do wall fill patterns to show the ACTUAL CMU BLOCK Pattern in plan view. 

It would be great if it actually placed filled cells required for all window/door openings and corners. Any suggestions? 

Thanks

Ray

I asked this same question recently and apparently there isn't a way. I was asking for wall sections. What you may can do is insert a cad block from the library, explode it and use what you need. Thats what i did and it worked great.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    slickrick1530
    Newest Member
    slickrick1530

• By jheath21
      Help! How do I connect the walls to the roof?

• By SNestor
      I think I have an issue with my "template" plan as I cannot get walls located above invisible walls to build correctly.  The wall in the attached plan is where the ceiling transitions from 12' tall to a room with a 9' tall ceiling.  I attempted the same drawing in a stock Chief template plan and everything worked like it's supposed to...so, I gather I have a setting in my template plan that is goofy...

Thanks!

Plan attached:   Gable End Wall Not Building Plan.plan
    • By kylejmarsh
      Having an issue with wall framing height. Never had this before and have recently upgraded to X11, so wondering if it's operatior error or the program, etc. Anyway here goes:

This shows exactly what happens. The wall framing does not go up to support the plate height.

Have checked the following to no avail:
       Verified ceiling height was accurate
       Wall is marked 'baloon through ceiling above' so we're not talking about a hidden attic wall messing this up - the wall actually does go up to the rafter - just the framing does not.

Any insights?
    • By Sweeney
      Anyone have a good fill pattern for a flagstone patio? I have found a good texture for 3D rendering, however nothing good for plan view.

Thank you in advance,

Austin 

• By JollyRoger
      Hello,

I am having some issues figuring out how to get my block crawl space to work with brick.  For example, first layer is the footer, followed by 3 rows of 8 inch block, with a row of 4 inch block.  This allows for about 3 5/8 inch for the brick to sit on.  However, I cannot figure out how to do this with my options.  I have no problem with the footer and 8 inch block, but how do I get the last row for 4 inch block with brick?  Is there a catalog somewhere to download 4 inch block to allow for brick?

Thank you,
      Jeff S. O.