Sign in to follow this  
rembocanoe66

Wall fill pattern in Plan View

I've used CA for years and AutoCAD since 1985. (Yeah I'm old).

In Florida we do a lot of Block house plans. (CMU) 8x16x8 concrete blocks.

Other than manually placing block patterns. Does anyone have an easy way to do wall fill patterns to show the ACTUAL CMU BLOCK Pattern in plan view. 

It would be great if it actually placed filled cells required for all window/door openings and corners. Any suggestions? 

Thanks

Ray

On 12/23/2019 at 10:16 PM, rembocanoe66 said:

I've used CA for years and AutoCAD since 1985. (Yeah I'm old).

In Florida we do a lot of Block house plans. (CMU) 8x16x8 concrete blocks.

Other than manually placing block patterns. Does anyone have an easy way to do wall fill patterns to show the ACTUAL CMU BLOCK Pattern in plan view. 

It would be great if it actually placed filled cells required for all window/door openings and corners. Any suggestions? 

Thanks

Ray

I asked this same question recently and apparently there isn't a way. I was asking for wall sections. What you may can do is insert a cad block from the library, explode it and use what you need. Thats what i did and it worked great.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    RichRidgewood
    Newest Member
    RichRidgewood

• By KTKArch
      (x11) When I open an object to fill (closed polyline etc) I have a standard list and the library option that takes me to Chief's library. It currently only shows that I have patterns of my own making in User Library. It also appears that I can no longer open 3rd party .pat files as I could in earlier versions. And finally, I cannot find a basic EARTH pattern in the defaults. So either I somehow purged some of the patterns or there isn't a default EARTH pattern. And how can I import my earlier .pat files? Not sure if this happened after installing x12 or if it is just this one file. Not using x11 but to finish out this project.
    • By SpeleoWorm
      I have created a number of different wall types to show proper dimensions (i.e. when one side of the wall is 5/8" Type X and the other side is 1/2" drywall) as well as to calculate the correct material counts and to show the proper information in the schedules.  Unfortunately doing that seems to have a down side...it changes the framing as if they were separate walls instead of the same wall with different materials on them.  I have seen the following side effects (colors refer to screenshots below):

(Green Arrow) In unfinished rooms such as an attic storage space which only has a subfloor but no drywall, the walls get pushed up into the rafters by what appears to be 3". (Red Arrows) The floor joists and top/bottom plates are cut in the middle when they should be continuous pieces of wood.  In addition, you can see that the walls which are produced are not boxed at the end...the top & bottom plates stick out at the end. (Purple Arrow) Parts of the gable wall are not created.  In this case you could argue that it is not needed, but if a builder makes a wall he is not going to leave a hole in it. (Blue Arrows) An extra stud is added to a room that has no drywall, and therefore doesn't need nailer studs.  In addition, it looks like the other stud needed as a nailer for the finished room in the middle is missing from the plan view of the framing (see 2nd screenshot).  
      Am I doing this all wrong (creating separate wall types), or is there a way to use them and fix (any of) the issues I mentioned?

Thanks in advance for any help!

PS - I am a little surprised that the wall finish is not part of the room settings (like the floor & ceiling already are)...that would allow you to have continuous walls and still have different materials in each room (i.e. greenboard in the bath, 5/8" type X in a garage, unfinished in an attic, etc.

Example of Wall Issue.plan
    • By LeeDrafter
      Hi All,
      Is there a way to turn on and off a room fill? Perhaps by layer? I use color fills for all rooms, and I want to be able to print in color without showing the fill in some layer sets.
      Thanks!
    • By jheath21
      Help! How do I connect the walls to the roof?

• By SNestor
      I think I have an issue with my "template" plan as I cannot get walls located above invisible walls to build correctly.  The wall in the attached plan is where the ceiling transitions from 12' tall to a room with a 9' tall ceiling.  I attempted the same drawing in a stock Chief template plan and everything worked like it's supposed to...so, I gather I have a setting in my template plan that is goofy...

Thanks!

Plan attached:   Gable End Wall Not Building Plan.plan