Hello!

I'm hoping that someone can help me out here. I frequently use the same materials and I was wondering if there is any way to change the default textures/ colors so that every new project starts off the same. For example: on exterior walls CA defaults to blue lap siding; bathrooms and kitchen default to a cream tile; walls, windows, and doors default to Brite paint; etc.

I'd like to change these so that I can save myself time. Can someone explain how to do that, please? 

Thank you! :)

Call me if you need help creating a profile plan. I can make time for you. 832-754-6160

You can also save one of your current Plans in which you have already done the changes as a Template , then just delete the Home already drawn in the Template ready to draw a new plan.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03094/creating-a-custom-plan-template-from-an-existing-project.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/category/271/templates.html

• Like 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    KPawlyshyn
    Newest Member
    KPawlyshyn

• By DonSpring
      How do I take picure of a color or texture and use it in Room Planner as a custom material?
    • By carowe
      I am having major problems with the colors on both my screen AND printing.  I am using CA x10 Interiors and am trying to utilize the colors from Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore catalogs in my designs.  However, the colors on screen and when I print look nothing like the actual colors.  Additionally, when I print the 3d elevations, the images are too dark, so I have to export them and then open and adjust in Photoshop.  I have a Dell P2717H (DP) monitor and it has been calibrated for color, screen resolution is 1920x1080.  Operating system is Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit, video card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX745 with 4095MB memory.  It isn't just some plans, it is all plans.  Any help would be appreciated!!!!

• By Alyssa
      Has anyone figured out how to create glass? 

I am trying to construct a very minimal shower, but I don't see any glass color options, or glass pieces. 

Likewise, I do not see any non framed mirrors, am I nuts? 

If anyone has a way to get frames off of things, color something glass, or finds a minimal mirror, please let me know!
    • By tracer
      Why do the rendering colors change from a vector view to the standard view. See still doing it in x10.
      MAN CAVES ll CT.pdf
    • By Mardie
      Drywalled doorway openings - I cannot change the opening to the same color as the walls??? See attached.  I've changed the wall materials to all drywall and painted the same wall color.  I'm at a loss on how to solve this problem?
      drywall doorway color.pdf