Material missing from skp import?

dskogg

I am trying to import this skp model and when ca imports the material for the metal supports is the same as the wood legs...any ideas how to fix this?

i tried changing metal to blue in sketchup to see if this would work and then i could just adjust material on import..but it comes in the same colour as wood legs.

chair import pic.JPG

skp chair view.JPG

Cessi+DiningChair.skp

Here you go as a one time courtesy....

DS Chair.calibz

If you ever need stuff like this fixed up for you in the future, shoot me an email.  I offer this type of thing as a support service for quite a few people. I basically help deal with some of the oddball complicated little time sinks so you can keep doing what you do best.

1 minute ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Here you go as a one time courtesy....

DS Chair.calibz

If you ever need stuff like this fixed up for you in the future, shoot me an email.  I offer this type of thing as a support service for quite a few people. I basically help deal with some of the oddball complicated little time sinks so you can keep doing what you do best.

Thanks Michael,  what did you have to do...or that secrete sauce stuff?

David, what version of SU are you using.  I see it is labeled as 18.something.  I use free Sketchup Make 2017 and could not open your SKP file, but downloaded the Cessi chair group from the 3D Warehouse.  Is yours the web-based 2018 version of Make?

1 minute ago, GeneDavis said:

David, what version of SU are you using.  I see it is labeled as 18.something.  I use free Sketchup Make 2017 and could not open your SKP file, but downloaded the Cessi chair group from the 3D Warehouse.  Is yours the web-based 2018 version of Make?

Gene i am using sketchup pro18, not web based. 

skp version.JPG

On 11/22/2019 at 11:16 AM, GeneDavis said:

I probably did what Michael did, which was to do some degrouping.

I actually did it right in Chief.  Just about never use Sketchup anymore. 

On 11/22/2019 at 10:30 AM, dskogg said:

Thanks Michael,  what did you have to do...or that secrete sauce stuff?

Not secret.  Used a more perfected method of some basic methodology I've posted here on the forum in the past.