Sign in to follow this  
Evolution

Strange anomoly in render views

Anyone had this happen?  I thought I had painted a color on a library object (without knowing it) but I can't get the strange (grayish) color to go away. I checked the symbol, etc., (a tub shower from the library) it is supposed to be white in the object DBX, and is to some degree. The strange color has also bled into part of a near by door.. no matter what render style I use it shows up?

I thought it was a shadow, but no matter which way I move the camera it is still there.  Video card?  But this is the only item / time it has happened. 

Strange colors Physically based render.png

Strange colors standard render.png

Strange colors technical elevation.png

Strange colors Vector view another angle.png

Strange colors Vector view.png

YARBRO RESIDENCE ADDITION ROOF OPTION 2.zip

They are shadows from something, just open up your camera DBX and uncheck shadows, they disappear. I looked around your plan and there are many areas where there are major gaps in the ceilings and walls extending into the attic. This is most likely causing the problem.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

They are shadows from something, just open up your camera DBX and uncheck shadows, they disappear. I looked around your plan and there are many areas where there are major gaps in the ceilings and walls extending into the attic. This is most likely causing the problem.

that fixed it, thanks Graham!  I still have to clean up some things on the inside.  I'm working on finding what's causing the gaps. 

Pleased to have helped. Yes, I realized you still had work to do, just indicating that these openings can be problematic when rendering.

5 hours ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Pleased to have helped. Yes, I realized you still had work to do, just indicating that these openings can be problematic when rendering.

You knew what to look for.....I sure didn’t.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Mableandpearl
    Newest Member
    Mableandpearl

• By robdyck
      I can't get a skylight to build a square shaft when placing a skylight into a roof plane when the room does NOT have a flat ceiling. In my A-frame project, the ceiling is supplied by the roof and part of the skylight dbx is greyed out. Skylight works fine when its over a flat ceiling. Has anyone else run into this before?

• By robdyck
      If I mull 2 exterior doors together in order to make a patio door that has a mullion, I can't see an option to specify this door as 'exterior' or 'interior'. This affects my schedules as I use a separate schedule for exterior and interior doors, because they're usually from unrelated suppliers. Am I missing something?
      I'd love the ability to be able to add a mullion to a double door.

I now see that can be controlled in the schedule tab by exploding the Door Tab.

• By robdyck
      I have a text macro in a garage plan that references the area of a polyline. In layout, that macro appears blank unless the plan file is open. Is that normal?
      I needed to open the layout file only (or so I thought) and make a few adjustments before printing.

• By Evolution
      This project was set up for paper size Super B 13X19 (because I can print that here in this office for ready check). The client (builder) has decided he wants me to change my layout sheet size to Arch D 24X36, so his subs could read and scale the drawings. I wasn't sure I did this right (after reading what few post I could find), I opened my layout>page "0" reset the print to page size to Arch "D" 24X36, which of course changed how my layout template set to 13X19 fits. I then edited my borders and title block etc., to fit the new layout size.  I then went to each additional sheet that I had added notes, additional info for title block, most everything else fit the new paper size ok.  I can't print a trial drawing but the PDF's I printed with the new sheet size appear to be ok. Does the method I used make sense? I'll send him the PDF set of construction drawings, and he can have them printed. I had previously set up a layout template formatted to Arch "D" but I wasn't sure how to get all my plans and details transferred to the new layout template, since you can only have one layout open at any given time? 

• By Evolution
      Setting up my template plan for the next project to start as soon as I complete the CD's on the current job.  The client wants to add a two bed home for his dad and mom to live on his property in their own home.  I don't need to model the interior of the Existing home, in order to draw the new home, however; both code and the HOA want to see the new home in relationship to the Existing home, roof plan, side walks, drives, minimum 4 exterior elevations to show (architectural integrity etc.) so the new home is in keeping with the existing homes exterior architecture.  I know of course to set up all my defaults for this project before I draw the first wall.  I need to set up (the terrain I think in this case) any new wall type that I don't already have available in my wall type menu. The HOA wants the roof line, fascia design and elevation to match the existing as close as possible. The short story is I need to get the terrain elevations correct, and  draw the existing home's exterior and once that is all in good order, design the new home.

After reading the help files on this particular operation,  the implication is (I should draw this as if it were being placed in a subdivision?) 
      I need to then export the existing home out of X11 as a 3D symbol, and then import it into the terrain / plan of the new home in order to show the proper relationship. The client wants the elevation of the slab of the new home set at the same elevation as that of the existing home. There is an approx. 3 to 4 foot slope down hill from the existing to the new home (the new will have to be on a raised foundation). So importing the existing home  into the new plan as a 3D symbol, doesn't really help me understand how to show the plan of the Existing Home (Roof plan / exterior walls) drives and walks without actually drawing it in the same plan as the new home. Am I wrong here?  Won't what ever I draw or change if I draw the existing home in the same plan as the new, won't  the changes I make drawing the new home affect the Existing Home as well?  I have other questions I will post in a new thread.